License Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hello, appguard is going to change they licence system from lifetime licence to annual licence, but I have some questions about how licences work:

5.x = Annual
4.x tester licence = still upgrading program like 5.x versions
4.x purchased licence = ???? (Still updating like testers?, stop updating?, only maintenance updates? what appends?)

RmG152

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
4.x any kind of license gets updates and new features for the foreseeable future.
AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit

Thanks.

when I read this post, this part:
Because we value this forum to provide feedback and Beta testing, we will periodically make 4.x available on a limited basis to those that wish to participate in beta testing.
Confuse me, because I translated it wrong.

Maybe its time to purchase more licences (one for each computer and 1 more for future) ?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If you see yourself using this program from a few more years it will make sense to get the lifetime licenses now that you can. It really depends on the price of yearly product and how long you believe you will still be using Appguard. I personally believe that price will be ~20$ for a year but that's just a guess.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
The price kinda increased to 39.95 annually. Just checked in from their main page.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Quick question: Are you people still using AppGuard 4 for those who have it's lifetime license. And is it okay to use older version of a security software when all we advise and know is to keep all our softwares always up to date.
I have it's LTL so should I still be using it.

D

Deleted member 178

Quick question: Are you people still using AppGuard 4 for those who have it's lifetime license. And is it okay to use older version of a security software when all we advise and know is to keep all our softwares always up to date.
I have it's LTL so should I still be using it.
v4 is abandoned, customers will be oriented to v5. which will be far tighter than v4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.