List of free internet security suite

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Can I get a list of free internet security suites?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I don't think there is any, antivirus software yes, but not a full suite.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Most "free" AV suites disable the integrated firewall module. So, in reality, they aren't complete freeware options.

Comodo Internet Security on the other hand offers a complete package with all modules enabled.

Because of this fact it is the only free AV suite I have opted to use... and in all honesty it works great on my AMD W8.1 system.

Properly configured and used, it is solid, respectable protection.

It does, however, require time and effort to learn...

S

starchild76

Thread author
you also have zonealarm free antivirus and firewall , but it is not recommended because of its rather weak firewall and outdated kaspersky engine and signatures ( free version only updates signatures once every 24 hours )

Reactions: souhrid
S

sinu

Thread author
How about list of free internet security(with firewall)?

S

starchild76

Thread author
outpost security suite free , but its not updated for a while.

Reactions: souhrid
S

starchild76

Thread author
your option could be bitdefender internet security , technically it's free , because of the huge amount of giveaways floating around the net : 180 day licenses or 365 day licenses , when it runs out , another giveaway is around the corner ;)

S

starchild76

Thread author
go ahead and pick the one you like ;) bitdefender has auto pilot mode , which means that you won't have to tweak it in order to get great performance and heavy protection

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Is this compatible with windows 8.1?

If you are using W8\8.1 64-bit system, then you will find that these AVs generally work the best:
  • ESET Smart Security (paid)
  • Emsisoft Internet Security (paid)
  • Comodo Internet Security (freeware)
I have tried everything from Avira to Zemana... and the above gave me the least number of problems and protect my AMD W8.1 system at a high level.

However, you may find that your specific system is picky and only likes certain AVs... that is true of most any system. Plus, you might not personally like any of the above AVs and instead opt for something else.

Best AV is a combination of what works best on your specific system and for you personally.

Do not drive yourself crazy by trying to create the ultimate anti-NSA, impenetrable system fortress... it's a waste of time, effort and serves no other purpose than to frustrate and infuriate you.

Find a solid, respectable AV that works well on your system and for you... then stick with it.

robin hood

Level 4
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
Outpost Security Suite FREE
Fully functional. Lightweight. Free.
Outpost Security Suite FREE is a free version of Agnitum’s all-in-one antivirus security suite. Outpost FREE protects against viruses, hackers and data theft– all you need to stay protected.

http://www.agnitum.com/outpost-security-suite-free.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.