list of URLs with drive by download attack

ansar313

Thread author
May 20, 2013
hi all
i need 40 URLs with Drive by download attack.
any one can help me?
i am waiting for response ...
thanks a lot

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Are you looking for real drive-by malware that will download and install without any user action? If so, I haven't seen one since about 2005. Unless you are using an old out-dated browser these are all now blocked.

The new term drive-by malware generally refers to malicious sites that fool users (with fake alerts) into manually downloading and installing the infected files.

You can check with MDL.

Thanks.:D

ansar313

Thread author
May 20, 2013
Littlebits said:
Are you looking for real drive-by malware that will download and install without any user action? If so, I haven't seen one since about 2005. Unless you are using an old out-dated browser these are all now blocked.

The new term drive-by malware generally refers to malicious sites that fool users (with fake alerts) into manually downloading and installing the infected files.

You can check with MDL.

Dear Littlebits
exactly i am looking for what you say. i have installed old version of browser and vulnerable plugins that related to browser such as: adobe reader 7, shockwave player, real player, ...
and i have seen MDL and test it's URLs.
but i found only 4 URLs. most of URLs are Not Available or not similar to Drive by download !!!
in addition to MDL i check another Malware URLs repository. see this link:
http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/public-block-lists
when i am checking URLs i try monitor happens through Malware defender, Watch Directory, wireshark, ...
please help me if you have more idea
thanks a lot

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I wished I could help you but those kind of drive-by downloads are no longer made by malware writers since modern browsers, flash and Java block them.

I seriously doubt you will be able to find 40 malicious urls, you are lucky just to find a few.

ansar313

Thread author
May 20, 2013
do others agree with Dear Littlebits?
please give me your comments.
thanks a lot

Z

ZeroDay

ansar313 said:
thanks a lot

Please see https://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/06/web-badness-knows-no-bounds/ I have to add though that I haven't come accross any drive by downloads.

ansar313

Thread author
May 20, 2013
ZeroDay said:
ansar313 said:
thanks a lot

Please see https://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/06/web-badness-knows-no-bounds/ I have to add though that I haven't come accross any drive by downloads.

thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.