RISK: Moderate liubomirwm's security config

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Having a backup of the system is convenient, practical and recommended. Are you prepared to recover your system, when Windows will not boot at all?
Well, for now i'm able to do a clean reinstall but i do not have a system image, just the Installation ISO.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Well, for now i'm able to do a clean reinstall but i do not have a system image, just the Installation ISO.
You have probably Windows 10 installed on GPT disk. If you have a GPT full disk image then also EFI System Partition (ESP) is included. So, if ESP was compromised or damaged, then it can be recovered from the image.
ESP is the partition where UEFI firmware is stored, and there can be significant differences between the implementations used by PC manufacturers.
Reinstalling Windows does not recover the ESP. You can Boot PC with Windows 10/8/7 installation media and create standard ESP manually, but it is better to keep the original ESP.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
@Andy Ful The support for hypervisor enforced kernel protection will be enabled in the coming RS4 update for all supported hardware devices which are not Home, Mobile or Mobile Enterprise SKUs. :)
Also, Microsoft Edge Application Guard will be available to Windows 10 Pro edition.