Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT Anti Logger 4.7.1 released
Changelog:
  • Added Malware Scanner. Helps find and detect malware on your computer. The database is still under development, so the scan result will not good.
Homepage: LMT Anti Logger - A software helps protect you from malware
-----------------------
I added this feature just because I wanted to test if my server can handle a database with over 1 million rows.
At the time of writing these lines, I have imported 1377411 hashes from ClamAV's database into my database.
And in my test, it only detected 11/92 ransomware samples :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1598091748467.png

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT Anti Logger 4.8 released
Changelog:
  • Improved Realtime Protection: Now LMT Anti Logger will scan modules used by a process when it is launched.
  • Added option to detect PE Injection and Reflective PE Injection by heuristic in Malware Scanner feature.
  • You can now enable the on-screen keyboard without having to turn on the Anti Keylogger feature.
  • Updated Anti Keylogger feature to help reduce lag when typing
  • Updated Scan with LMT Anti Logger feature: When scanning a .zip file, the software will show information about dangerous files contained in that .zip file.
  • Fixed bug when closing the Malware Scanner window unexpectedly.

1599308164341.png

1599308258411.png

1599308626438.png

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi, I just want to report that in this week my server has a TLS problem so the Malware Scanner had not worked. Now this problem has been fixed :)

I also want to talk more about updating the database for the Malware Sanner feature. Everyday when ClamAv team release .cdiff file containing information about malware data, hash data will be synchronized with my server. It's not good, but at least it can still detect malware :whistle:

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hello, I created this software in March, during the quarantine period because of covid in Vietnam. After a period of development from the first version to 4.9, I think the current source code of my software is not suitable for further development. So I decided to rewrite LMT Anti Logger 5.0 from scratch, starting by dividing the software into the GUI and service (like other softwares). I don't know when it will be done because now I'm quite busy with my work. During this time, I will continue to maintain version 4.9.x
Good luck to me :)

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT Anti Logger 4.9.1 released
Changelog:
  • The software will switch to using my API if Virustotal's API is rate limited.
  • Fixed: Resolves potential program crashes when scanning .zip files.
  • The AI feature in Scan with LMT Anti Logger will automatically detect the PE file without having to rely on the file extension.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is the "A.I." 99% based on the results from VirusTotal, or is it independent of third party sources?

How do you intend to fix this?

In the past, there was a discussion about how VT shouldn't be used to determine if a file is malicious or not, only as a reference.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Is the "A.I." 99% based on the results from VirusTotal, or is it independent of third party sources?

How do you intend to fix this?

In the past, there was a discussion about how VT shouldn't be used to determine if a file is malicious or not, only as a reference.
AI is a module of my app and all 6 results from Virustotal are related to machine learning. I think this problem is related to software's source code obfuscation

Reactions: Ink and harlan4096

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
As you can see in the picture below, from Sep 17 to Oct 16, I spent $ 34.09 on the malware scanner feature in my software. It is expensive and ineffective so I decided from 6 November 2020 I will shutdown this feature. Malware Scanner will also be removed in version 5.0
1604388595061.png

1604388669158.png

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT Anti Logger 4.9.3 released
Changelog:
  • Malware Scanner feature has been removed because the API has been put to rest.
  • Change the USB Guard feature: when you connect to the USB drive, the software will block untrusted applications from running from that USB drive.

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
Does this software use Ring 0/1/2 signed kernel driver? Does it work with Malwarebytes?

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.