LMT AntiMalware

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
My intention was only to highlight methods used by users to customize their SRP/HIPS (like referring to Mitre examples) and highlight some features used by other companion apps like VDS.
VDS?...you mean VoodooShield? That's true that VS is nice and featured app but if we discuss about anti-logger mixed with default-deny software it's hard not to mention about SpyShelter which is the truly multi-featured app that offer real muliti-layered protection.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
VDS?...you mean VoodooShield? That's true that VS is nice and featured app but if we discuss about anti-logger mixed with default-deny software it's hard not to mention about SpyShelter which is the truly multi-featured app that offer real muliti-layered protection.
Yes, I meant VoodooShield. Understanding that LMT would analyze the executed files, I wondered about VDS and some checks it runs.
I haven't tried SpyShelter, the feature-set looks very interesting though. However I've read of mixed recommendations about the same, especially the HIPS.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
My 2 cents explained

Most people don't know what protection mechanisms an AntiVirus has. Some people consider price to be a quality defining aspect, but that is (depending on market) usually less than 15% of the consumers (roughly the innovators and early majority). Old fashioned marketing called this price tag tactic "skimming the market".

Problem for a new name is that quality oriented people also tend to limit their spending to known quality brand names (like audi, bmw, mercedes) or shooting star market disruptors (like tesla). Since LMT Anti Logger is neither, I don't think setting a high price will contribute to a quality imago or improve sales (but since we are talking marketing here, which is not an exact science, anything could go ;) ).

My take, just position it as the ultimate FREE AV companion. Just tell that LMT Anti Logger (or User Space Guard) offers intrusion detection mechanisms (Yara, AI/ML) and spyware protection normally only seen at (expensive) corporate/business market security solutions. Using the Virus Total checks the good (allow)/bad (block) decisions are made for the user, making it a non-intrusive defense layer for less than the price of a hamburger.

Proof your promise with video's of well knownn free AV's missing stuff which LMT Anti Logger (User Space Guard) detects and checks with VT. Obvious FREE AV's to include are (based on market share) Avast/AVG Free, Bitdefender Free and Kaspersky Free.

Why not bother to include videos for Windows Defender (the free AV with largest user base)? Keeping Windows Defender on your PC shows that the user either does not mind (80%) or thinks WD is as good as any paid (20%). These Windows Defender users were not triggered by premium AV's to switch, so they most likely won't be triggered by a AV-companion either. The knowledgeable security aware subset of WD users which are convinced that WD is strong enough have free alternatives to choose from already (e.g. DefenderConfigurator). So their is no potential of converting these 'add-on' users to advocates for your product to spread use of an add-on to the 80% WD sleepers.

The people having installed AVAST/AVG free, Bitdefender free or Kaspersky free obviously have shown 'product switch' behavior, making them an actionable market segment. So something has convinced these FREE AV users, that WD is not good enough and urged them to take action and install a different antivirus. These consumers are at least security (risk) aware to some degree. The perceived risk of these FREE AV users was not high enough to pay for the paid version of those premium AVs (Bitdefender, Kaspersky, AVAST/AVG).

By showing video's of those three FREE AV's (free versions of Bitdefender, Kaspersky, AVAST/AVG) miss threats, you will bread on their feeling that they 'need a better AV' and proof that their free AV is not good enough either (which makes sense because it is free and not the premium paid product of those well known AV's). Since those user were not willing to pay a license, the fremium "just a hamburger" price tag might tempt them to try LMT Anti Logger (User Space Guard) for free for a year and pay the micro license after this extended trial.

Just my two cents, because in Holland our Kings (national holi)Day is cancelled due to corona and I am bored as hell, so thanks @Parsh for sparking my thoughts for this post 👍 (@LeMinhThanh let's continue this in PM when you think your product is ready for market).

Last edited:

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi!
LMT Anti Logger 3.2 released
Changelog:
  • Added a option allow automatic decision making based on results from Virustotal.
  • Improved Realtime protection
  • Added view log file.
  • Fix some bugs.
About WIndows 7, now my app only work on Windows 10 😅
Link download: LMT Anti Logger - a software that helps you prevent spyware from stealing datas on your computer
Screenshot :
6q8LqQj.png

Video:

Last edited:

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Last edited:

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My 2 cents explained

Most people don't know what protection mechanisms an AntiVirus has. Some people consider price to be a quality defining aspect, but that is (depending on market) usually less than 15% of the consumers (roughly the innovators and early majority). Old fashioned marketing called this price tag tactic "skimming the market".

Problem for a new name is that quality oriented people also tend to limit their spending to known quality brand names (like audi, bmw, mercedes) or shooting star market disruptors (like tesla). Since LMT Anti Logger is neither, I don't think setting a high price will contribute to a quality imago or improve sales (but since we are talking marketing here, which is not an exact science, anything could go ;) ).

My take, just position it as the ultimate FREE AV companion. Just tell that LMT Anti Logger (or User Space Guard) offers intrusion detection mechanisms (Yara, AI/ML) and spyware protection normally only seen at (expensive) corporate/business market security solutions. Using the Virus Total checks the good (allow)/bad (block) decisions are made for the user, making it a non-intrusive defense layer for less than the price of a hamburger.

Proof your promise with video's of well knownn free AV's missing stuff which LMT Anti Logger (User Space Guard) detects and checks with VT. Obvious FREE AV's to include are (based on market share) Avast/AVG Free, Bitdefender Free and Kaspersky Free.

Why not bother to include videos for Windows Defender (the free AV with largest user base)? Keeping Windows Defender on your PC shows that the user either does not mind (80%) or thinks WD is as good as any paid (20%). These Windows Defender users were not triggered by premium AV's to switch, so they most likely won't be triggered by a AV-companion either. The knowledgeable security aware subset of WD users which are convinced that WD is strong enough have free alternatives to choose from already (e.g. DefenderConfigurator). So their is no potential of converting these 'add-on' users to advocates for your product to spread use of an add-on to the 80% WD sleepers.

The people having installed AVAST/AVG free, Bitdefender free or Kaspersky free obviously have shown 'product switch' behavior, making them an actionable market segment. So something has convinced these FREE AV users, that WD is not good enough and urged them to take action and install a different antivirus. These consumers are at least security (risk) aware to some degree. The perceived risk of these FREE AV users was not high enough to pay for the paid version of those premium AVs (Bitdefender, Kaspersky, AVAST/AVG).

By showing video's of those three FREE AV's (free versions of Bitdefender, Kaspersky, AVAST/AVG) miss threats, you will bread on their feeling that they 'need a better AV' and proof that their free AV is not good enough either (which makes sense because it is free and not the premium paid product of those well known AV's). Since those user were not willing to pay a license, the fremium "just a hamburger" price tag might tempt them to try LMT Anti Logger (User Space Guard) for free for a year and pay the micro license after this extended trial.

Just my two cents, because in Holland our Kings (national holi)Day is cancelled due to corona and I am bored as hell, so thanks @Parsh for sparking my thoughts for this post 👍 (@LeMinhThanh let's continue this in PM when you think your product is ready for market).
This gave me business school flashbacks! A very good analysis that follows sound logic. That’s how you build the foundation of a marketing strategy.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020

Chri.Mi

Level 7
Well-known
Apr 30, 2020

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi!
I think the latest version is the best version ;)

Hi @@@LeMinhThanh

Is there no way to download previous Versions of LMT

Can everyone send me the 2 Setup Files from boths Versions please

LMT Anti Logger 3.2

LMT Anti Logger 3.2.1

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: Stopspying

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi @@@LeMinhThanh

Is there no way to download previous Versions of LMT

Can everyone send me the 2 Setup Files from boths Versions please

LMT Anti Logger 3.2

LMT Anti Logger 3.2.1

With best Regards
Mops21
Here you are:
may i ask the reason?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.