LoftedAphid86's Windows 8 Desktop

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
This is my Windows 8 desktop. I've finally gotten tired of Comodo's refusal to keep programs trusted, and have instead gone for a more flexible solution. I will probably eventually get around to paying for Sandboxie, so that I can use it to automatically sandbox Opera, but I'll make do with the free version before that time comes.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks good from where I'm sitting, only thing that you could add is HTTPS Everywhere to Opera (if it supports it) and No Script (again if it supports it). :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Everything is on set, latest version of Windows 8 is there which you can find useful features there especially refresh or recover feature. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

I agree with Member, keep Webrep or WOT not both; for the rest good AV, good FW, sublime sandbox ^^

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
I agree with Member, keep Webrep or WOT not both; for the rest good AV, good FW, sublime sandbox ^^

I use both with no problems. Webrep is still young and needs a lot of work but it is not useless. On some websites it would have a red warning whereas on WOT with the same website would have solid green.

I have witnessed this many times where Webrep could detect a bad website and WOT wouldn't detect it and vice versa.

As long as there is no compatibility problems or slow browsing, etc. there is nothing wrong with using Webrep and WOT together.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Personally i use Webutation; more addons you have, more resources they drains.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast Web Rep analyzation is came from their experts and its database however many chances of bypass but can prevent from its components

While WOT provides community based ratings and third party source however FP rate may occur but overall its better.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Personally i use Webutation; more addons you have, more resources they drains.

I also use Webutation along with WOT and Webrep, it doesn't seem to use more resources on my PC. It all depends if your PC has the resources to spare, if it does then why waste the resources use them for what you want.

Thanks.:D

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
I've got both WOT and WebRep on because Avast! came with the latter.
My PC has more than enough resources to run both without any problems, so aside from crowding the area to the right of the search bar somewhat, I have no problems with running them both.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At least no one uses Avast's AdBlocker (powered by ABP), it lacks custom settings when I tried it.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
At least no one uses Avast's AdBlocker (powered by ABP), it lacks custom settings when I tried it.

Have tried it and it is not effective as the extension one

I mean it missed to block some ads

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think its uses basically those ads that are blocked and appeared always like DoubleClick, Yieldmanager, Google Ads and etc....

Similar to Ghostery and other its types.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.