"Logging out of Facebook is not enough"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
It's not enough to logout from Facebook because some of the cookies remain active and are watching what are you doing on the Internet !

Recommendation

Delete your cookies with the options from your browser or to ad to AdBlock these options:

facebook.com^$domain=~facebook.com ~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
facebook.net^$domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
fbcdn.com^$domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net
fbcdn.net^$domain=~facebook.com|~facebook.net|~fbcdn.com|~fbcdn.net

More details here:

http://nikcub-cache.appspot.com//logging-out-of-facebook-is-not-enough

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
TBH, I never really log out from Facebook, or any other sites. Even when using CCleaner, I don't clean the cookies out.

If you're using a non-personal computer, (or just paranoid) you could use the Incognito or InPrivate mode of the web browser.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
Earth said:
TBH, I never really log out from Facebook, or any other sites. Even when using CCleaner, I don't clean the cookies out.

If you're using a non-personal computer, (or just paranoid) you could use the Incognito or InPrivate mode of the web browser.

I don't clean the cookies either, the browser does this for me.

It's a good idea to use the InPrivate mode.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Yet another attack at Facebook..... :dodgy:
Anyway here's Facebook had to say : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/26/facebook_sees_logged_out_users/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm... Everyday I'm using to clear cookies on my browser without sign out in Facebook. With this situation it can generally pose privacy problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.