LoneGeek810

Other info/apps:
Windows Update: Turned on but lets me choose what updates I want to install.
Sandbox: Sandboxie Free
Virtualization/Rollback: VMware WS
DNS Server: Comodo DNS
Host File Hardening/Optimizing: MVPS Hosts
VPN: SecurityKiss
Cleaner: CCleaner
Uninstaller: Iobit

RE: My Security 7-26-12

You can add Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Antimalware to your on demand scanners.

I recommend you upgrade to windows 7. Windows XP will drop out of updates in 1 1/2 year windows 8 is coming out in October so you can wait until then.

For ice dragon you could get Adblock.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member

Welcome LoneGeek,

Looks like you got everything covered. How is PC Tools Firewall Plus, it's not being developed last I heard?

Would you be willing to upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8 when the time is right (best suited to you)?

P

Plexx

It is unusual to see users with PCTools Firewall.

Do you have any backup solution?

You could also add Emsisoft Emergency Kit as an on-demand scanner, along with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware recommended by Malware Maniac.

Other than that, solid setup.

D

Deleted member 178

yes EEK is more suitable than EAM (EAM is needed only for the full (paid) version

LoneGeek810

Earth said:
Welcome LoneGeek,

Looks like you got everything covered. How is PC Tools Firewall Plus, it's not being developed last I heard?

Would you be willing to upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8 when the time is right (best suited to you)?
I do believe they have started developing it again I can't remember where I read it though.

I'm happy with XP but will upgrade eventually

Biozfear said:
It is unusual to see users with PCTools Firewall.

Do you have any backup solution?

You could also add Emsisoft Emergency Kit as an on-demand scanner, along with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware recommended by Malware Maniac.

Other than that, solid setup.

Why's that? It's a great firewall and has never failed me.

I use mbam and eek once in awhile but my favorite tool is hitman pro, I just wish they would make a free version :(

LoneGeek810 said:
I use mbam and eek once in awhile but my favorite tool is hitman pro, I just wish they would make a free version :(
Well don't expect a free version. A program with five engines and most of them paid, the antivirus companies want some money for their definitions.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
RE: My Security

I think reading the first post should help McLovin. :p

Btw, I noticed you switched to Windows 7 SP1. :D

LoneGeek810

Hello,
I won a Bitdefender license so I have added that to my config.
Is this good by itself or should I add 0-day security such as mamutu?

Avast and Sysrestore have been removed

S

starchild76

Bitedefender should be more than sufficient for you , its the best rated product out there , so no need for extra programs wich slow down your pc , remember : less is more =)

LoneGeek810

Updated my config...looking for an AV what should I get? I was really wanting NOD32 but promo isn't working anymore :(