Advice Request Long installation/uninstallation progress paid Panda products and boot start is horrible

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 67480
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Latest version 18.05.00 makes things much worst because of awaiting 10 minutes on installation and uninstallation Paid products, boot time is really in big awaiting cuz of waiting 6 or 7 minutes on start WIndows, who knows what the hell just happend with this product and only i have this problem?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Latest version 18.05.00 makes things much worst because of awaiting 10 minutes on installation and uninstallation Paid products, boot time is really in big awaiting cuz of waiting 6 or 7 minutes on start WIndows, who knows what the hell just happend with this product and only i have this problem?
The install time wasn't that long for me, on multiple computers. On my main laptop, which has many hundreds of programs installed, boot time to the Windows login screen, when I have no antivirus installed (and Windows Defender disabled too) is about ten seconds. With Panda installed, there is not much difference in boot time. The last time I booted my computer, I don't think it took much more than ten seconds.

As well as that, Panda is exceptionally light on my computers. I notice very little difference in performance, compared to running no antivirus at all. It takes slightly longer to launch programs, but in general use and browsing, my computer does not seem to be running slower, than when I was using no antivirus. Of course everyone's experience will vary. But, even on my slowest laptop, which is running Windows 8.1, as Windows 10 is a but sluggish on it, it is very light and doesn't even slow down my computer when I'm running a scan. Which is impressive.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author

No problem here, multiple systems. Is your computer really old and slow or something? Granted, I use all m.2 or SSD drives. I've not noticed any increase in boot times, installs finish in 30 seconds.

Are you using other security apps? I wouldn't recommend it with Panda unless it's adjunct tech like VoodooShield/OSArmor, Heimdal, etc.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
No problem here, multiple systems. Is your computer really old and slow or something? Granted, I use all m.2 or SSD drives. I've not noticed any increase in boot times, installs finish in 30 seconds.

Are you using other security apps? I wouldn't recommend it with Panda unless it's adjunct tech like VoodooShield/OSArmor, Heimdal, etc.
No, i don't use other security solutions like Heimdal. I using only Kerish Doctor to keep my system cleaned from the junks and my PC is good enough like on COD: Ghosts on High/ULTRA graphic settings.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
I mean it's Panda, known to be the worst when it comes to installing,uninstalling, updating
and protection ( :ROFLMAO: )

I understand people like this or that suite, and actively disparage others but seriously. We get it, you don't like Panda. You've made that clear on a half dozen posts this week. (including the one in my Security Config thread)

I don't trust Kaspersky. Not because of anything the media says, but because I've done business in Russia and I know the climate over there and the fast and loose method they conduct business and handle private data. But you don't see me disparaging Kaspersky on here because I think it's petty. We get it, you dislike it. We're fine with you disliking it. But we're supposed to be adults here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I've had a horrible experience installing and uninstalling panda products as well.

The installation process was horrid, taking almost an hour to install the entire program only to give me BSODs when the protection is active.

I figured this was wayyy to problematic to try and troubleshoot, I just wanted to get rid of it. But it turns out their uninstall process was just as bad as their install. It took me another hour trying to uninstall it with the uninstallers running into errors and me digging into google trying desperately to find their uninstallers and talking to their support.

The guy I was in the chat with still had the cheek to tell me that support was only for paying customers and I should seek help from their forums instead. All the while my computer was set to BSOD every 15 mins.

I concluded that I would never install another panda product in my life no matter how "good" their scores in independent lab tests.

Sitting happily with Kaspersky now, still have yet to run into any issues with it

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I understand people like this or that suite, and actively disparage others but seriously. We get it, you don't like Panda. You've made that clear on a half dozen posts this week. (including the one in my Security Config thread)

I don't trust Kaspersky. Not because of anything the media says, but because I've done business in Russia and I know the climate over there and the fast and loose method they conduct business and handle private data. But you don't see me disparaging Kaspersky on here because I think it's petty. We get it, you dislike it. We're fine with you disliking it. But we're supposed to be adults here.
all that was is a harmless joke.
I dislike Panda due to it being on the bottom of the security suites, it won't protect your casual user that leaves it default settings.
Sure it's functional for you since you set it to auto deny everything, which any anti-exe does way better.
Of all the people you should be aware of Panda's capabilities, i'm disappointed in you.
i guess i gotta stop trying to save people from their own doom, so be it.

when i saw your post about the new features, i decided to try it again, gave it an other chance. shouldn't have.

for your information, i ran a quick test of the latest malware pack approx 12 hours after it was posted on the hub, Panda had exactly 0 signatures out of 20 samples.
Kaspersky had 16.
even MAX had 13..

I won't take someone trashing on Kaspersky to the heart cause I know what it's capable of and that i'm secured, a security suite is a tool to serve you, not your love companion.

@Evjl's Rain should drop in to express his experiences with updating Panda, since i'm not allowed to state the facts.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I updated panda 18.0.5 on top of v18.0.4 because panda free doesn't support autoupdate -> the installer requires uninstallation of the previous version & a reboot -> OK, proceeded -> it rebooted my PC -> it uninstalled v18.0.4 with all setting data :mad: -> then, it installed v18.0.5, took forever > memory reached 99% and the system crashed with a BSOD -> rebooted, all panda files were completely wiped out including settings
at that time, I had to install panda free 18.0.5 from the beginning

so everytime users want to update panda free, they have to backup settings first -> uninstall with the official uninstallation tool -> install the new version
too many steps, very annoying

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
SSD? What's your hardware specs?
My harddrive is from GIGABYTE, 1TB free space completely. Trust me: I never had a problems with Panda in previous versions.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yes, Panda can cause problems. An older version caused BSODs with one program I used. I don't like that you have to manually install new versions. But, despite of that, I use it, because it so incredibly light all of the time. On the other hand, I have not seen the slow install/uninstall issues personally.

Because of the update issues, I won't install it on other people's computers. But to be fair, Panda is not the only antivirus which requires manual updating. I used to work on customer's computers which were running a two or year old version of AVG.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
No problems here with Panda's install/unninstal, on MSI laptop with 850 Evo. Might be very individual cases when interfering with other security products installed. But the fact you have to manually update Free version is kinda fine, knowing it's 'Free', obviously you will have disadvantages, like with Avira paid, you most likely will never see adds and will have much better user experience than with 'Free'

Reactions: SherKaan

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@davisd You have to manually update the free and paid versions of Panda. You can disable any upgrade prompts, by disabling Show Panda News and Show relevant security news in Settings. After doing that, you will never see any ads.

Ironically, when I was using an extended trial version of one of the paid versions of Panda, I would regularly get popups trying to get me to buy a subscription, which I was not able to disable. But, if I had switched to the free version, I would never have received any such notifications.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
You can disable any upgrade prompts, by disabling Show Panda News and Show relevant security news in Settings. After doing that, you will never see any ads.
Yep

Ironically, when I was using an extended trial version of one of the paid versions of Panda, I would regularly get popups trying to get me to buy a subscription, which I was not able to disable. But, if I had switched to the free version, I would never have received any such notifications.
I will take note of that and reply back after a year if I got a popup of soon ending subscribtion or not :D

Reactions: roger_m and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.