Looking for a compatible Security Suite if others have previously been installed.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
I am looking for a sceurity suite that will play relatively well with an OS that has previously had ESET Smart Security 9 and Emsisoft 11 on it without causung major system issues (leftovers). Also, If anyone has experience with Dragon Naturally Speaking v 14 that would be great. It's important that work.

Any suggestions of Antivirus/Malware programs that will perform well at this point?

I have a KIS license (for 2014 version that I could use for the next 6 months (already EOL'd and signature updates end Jan 2017), but that may seem futile.

Windows 10 64-bit Home
intel i7
8GB Ram
Office 2016
Adguard
HitmanPro.Alert

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
KIS has improved and isn't a performance hog anymore. It'll be a great replacement for ESET. You should be able to use your KIS 2014 license on KIS 2016 if the license is still valid.

Reactions: soccer97 and DardiM
N

Noxx

If you insist on using a security suite, I recommend Emsisoft Internet Security for the simple fact that they've done a swell job of bridging the gap between speed and security. As per your signature, you probably already know this. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DardiM

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
KIS has improved and isn't a performance hog anymore. It'll be a great replacement for ESET. You should be able to use your KIS 2014 license on KIS 2016 if the license is still valid.

Their Migration Policy limits you to KIS 2014 its an old 2011 Disc I had sitting around and forgot about.) Had some stability problems with Emsi a few times lately, that's why I was looking to switch.

S

Smith83

Make sure you clean up the remnants with the removal tool for the specific AV.

Also, you can check for any remaining files with the everything search engine.

For anything that may not delete, then use Unlocker.
https://www.voidtools.com/
Also, any remaining registry entries with Registrar Registry Manager

I have also written a guide for the usage of these tools here.
http://www.resplendence.com/registrar
If you need help with anything please let me know; you should not be worried about installing any new AV, because you are worried about remnant files from previous programs. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If insist then you may go to straightforward and least configuration but effective. (Norton Security Suite)

Or if you have a plenty good connection at all then Trend Miro.

Lastly another alternative can be F-secure which have good privacy, optimized protection and strong DeepGuard as their BB.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Norton, Webroot, and Avira are the lightest software you can get.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.