shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you are on Windows 10 and you have VoodooShield + Windows Defender, why do you think you need more than that?
The title of your post says SRP, are you looking specifically for Software Restriction Policy? If so, there is a thread dedicated to it: Update - Hard_Configurator - Windows Hardening Configurator
If you are using the term SRP loosely to mean a security configuration for your computer, I think you have found an effective config already.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
AppGuard is great, Sandboxie is great too, and there are other great apps. But that doesn't mean you need them, unless you have a specific security need that you think is not satisfied with your current config.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
AppGuard is great, Sandboxie is great too, and there are other great apps. But that doesn't mean you need them, unless you have a specific security need that you think is not satisfied with your current config.
Yes. But @kleptomaniak already has VoodooShield and Hitman Pro, instead of adding SRP which, for me, would be redundant, he can add simply SBIE to cover sandboxing.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I remember AppGuard, wasn't that difficult to configure? Sandboxie is easy to implement, so I will for sure add that. In Linux on most of my other computuers I use firejail does something similar. Thanks for the help.
Yes, AppGuard takes time and effort to configure for maximum protection, but it still provides a high level of protection even at default settings (which are designed for maximum business compatibility), although default settings are not good enough for us "paranoid" types.
On the other hand, if you are comfortable with linux, there is no reason why you can't master AppGuard.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.