Advice Request Looking for a new offshore email provider?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

But now? They are over the top... It's all marketing fluff for them now. The hype level and their excessive promotion of privacy and security absolutely smells fishy. Every website talking about secure email services the comments get bombarded by people, all using female names, extorting the virtues of Protonmail.
Obviously disguised marketing.

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Also, another big reason not to use Gmail type services. If you get banned from one platform they can (and sometimes will) ban you from others, and hence, lock you out of your email. People really need to learn to not do this.

In addition, Google may start banning adblock users.

It's time to kick Google to the curb.

That's imo the strong case for moving out of Google services, their security is great but someone who has everything with Google, given that they do ban users, risks losing everything.

Reactions: Nevi and DDE_Server
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

if they are stupid and use their main account to do things against the rules.

Fake accounts FTW.

Speaking of fake Google Accounts, a method I used to use was to install Chromium OS (Free) on a cheap $40 laptop, then use it to register a stack of fake accounts as ChromiumOS doesn't require phone authentication. The other trick some use is to put you are under 13, Google doesn't require authentication because of age related privacy regulations.

I think I have 3-4 fake accounts still unused from the last batch of a dozen I made with ChromiumOS.

Facebook is easy to fake. It's ML systems look for 'traits' of fake accounts like no profile photo, or reused profile photo. Naming conventions. Amount of friends. Cross references with real locations from other sources. Very easy to fake. Go to VK (Russian Facebook) grab a photo of a random Russian person FB/Google haven't indexed and they are unknown to the world mostly, look up some random persons name somewhere, use that photo, then invite a bunch of random people as friends. Then use VPN to connect with it's location set to the guy on whitepages you looked up.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

This is absolutely fantastic! Basically as I said, I just grab some random unknown dude from the backwoods of Russia from VK that is unknown anywhere but this is way better.
VK isn't so unknown, at least in Asia, LOL. About this Ai face-generator, it would be even better if they gave you several different photos and some with outside backgrounds.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
If you are looking for a free service then >>> ProtonMail.com

If you are looking for a premium service with high security:

- Find a good hosting provider and host your own domain/email etc.
-or-
-
Get a small cloud server powered by. FreeBSD+DirectAdmin

Boring

Level 2
Jan 21, 2020
Luckily my main provider (and soon only one) for secured email is Msgsafe.

The principle of using encrypted mails/messengers is to hide from everyone, government and other intelligence organizations included.
If not, and just required to have a safe email provider, I would just use Gmail which is secure enough against normal people who don't have the authority to force my emails to be disclosed.

I use Msgsafe because I don't want any law enforcement agency to read them.

After ditching Protonmail, now it is Tutanota turn. Those two are bullshitters, such a shame claiming to offer full privacy while they give access/backdoors to authorities...

Having anonymity and privacy in our time becomes an almost impossible task for the non-initiate...

As I often said in various forums, if you don't do activist/criminal/border-illegal stuff, dont bother deploying anonymity/privacy tools, too much an hassle. Just enjoy internet on Windows, common services are safe enough.

@Umbra

if there is any other app (android) that we can use for "MSGsafe"?

Reactions: DDE_Server

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.