Battle Looking to invest for a VPN subscription

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Looking to invest for a VPN.
Been searching through internet for reviews.
So far there's several choices, but the top few always come out.
Cyberghost Premium (seems MT member using them alot)
Private Internet Access (PIA) (top search for VPN via google)
PureVPN (also from MT thread)

Wonder is anyone can share their experiences on these.
Thanks!

L

LabZero

CyberGhost VPN is certainly not the fastest on the market but It has annual economic packages. Sometimes CG is offered in giveaway special edition(1 year).
I don not often use the VPN, but currently I have CG and I can say that the Germany server is very fast. Sometimes there are slack in service, various servers with bandwidth usage not more of 75% ...

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
I think most MT members who use Cyberghost, use the free version of it.
As to which VPN service is the best for you, it depends on what you're looking for, torrenting, secure connection to internet or simply anonymity while surfing (and in this case I don't see the point of investing in a VPN service, free services should be enough).
I haven't used any paid VPN service, but there are many services to look at, check reviews The Best VPN Services for 2015
http://lifehacker.com/5935863/five-best-vpn-service-providers
How to Choose the Best VPN Service for Your Needs
Best VPN Services for 2015

PIA, IPvanish, Torguard, NordVPN, PureVPN, Cyberghost, ExpressVPN and TunnelBear appear on most reviews.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I can only recommend PIA at this point for both price, speed, reliability and no logging. They recently ramped up their bandwidth on popular servers that saw speed decreases like US East. Been using it for a few months (bought a year subscription) and have been satisfied completely. PIA is also cheaper than most VPNs for both month and year subscriptions.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I tried Cyberghost VPN and Freedome. I prefer Freedome than Cyberghost. I noticed when I try download over Freedome, it still conserve maximum download speed of my Internet cable, Cybeghost seems slow

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I thought you'd be all over AirVPN Umbra - "A VPN based on OpenVPN and operated by activists and hacktivists in defence of net neutrality, privacy and against censorship."

If I had to use a VPN, I'd go with them. Have read good things but never had the need to spend $ to test them out yet. I DO like how you can just get some VPN when you need it, i.e. 3 days for 1 euro

EDIT: oops here is the url AirVPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.