Low-End Android Phones come with Adware/PUP downloaders

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read more: Covert downloaders found preinstalled on dozens of low-cost Android phone models

Technical: https://news.drweb.com/show/?i=10345

"At least 26 phone models come preinstalled with a downloader dubbed Android.DownLoader.473.origin, according to antivirus provider Doctor Web."

The list of affected models included:
  • MegaFon Login 4 LTE
  • Irbis TZ85
  • Irbis TX97
  • Irbis TZ43
  • Bravis NB85
  • Bravis NB105
  • SUPRA M72KG
  • SUPRA M729G
  • SUPRA V2N10
  • Pixus Touch 7.85 3G
  • Itell K3300
  • General Satellite GS700
  • Digma Plane 9.7 3G
  • Nomi C07000
  • Prestigio MultiPad Wize 3021 3G
  • Prestigio MultiPad PMT5001 3G
  • Optima 10.1 3G TT1040MG
  • Marshal ME-711
  • 7 MID
  • Explay Imperium 8
  • Perfeo 9032_3G
  • Ritmix RMD-1121
  • Oysters T72HM 3G
  • Irbis tz70
  • Irbis tz56
  • Jeka JK103
  • Lenovo A319
  • Lenovo A6000
Their ability to surreptitiously install any app chosen by their unaccountable operators, combined with their embrace of adware, make the phones worth avoiding.

Lucent Warrior

Level 1
Verified
Dec 5, 2016
I just finished up phone shopping, settled on the HTC One A9... During my shopping, i came across many brands, but interestingly enough, none of the ones in that list have i heard of until now.

Reactions: XhenEd and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.