lowest impact on system performance ?? Joke of the Year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
So according to this page http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/MalwareTips/ , Bitdefender has the lowest impact on system performance :D seriously Bitdefender ?? o_O Your resource hogging security suite's impact on the system performance is lower than Microsoft Security Essentials ?? ROFL :D just gimme a break

Capture.jpg

BlakeR

Level 1
Verified
Apr 1, 2014
I have tried bitdefender and I could tell that it's lighter than lots of other antivirus software but it isnt as light as "antivirus testing organizations" claim.

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
I have tried bitdefender and I could tell that it's lighter than lots of other antivirus software but it isnt as light as "antivirus testing organizations" claim.

I have a low-end laptop with only 4GB of RAM and when I installed Bitdefender IS , my RAM usage was at %40 when I ain't even running anything ... Processor usage always stays at >15% even when the system is idle ... Yeah Bitdefender has the best detection rate in recent PC market but I don't think they should lie about their product .. What made me ROFL was their claim that Bitdefender ranks above MSE in system impact :D

Reactions: Jack

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Depends on the product! The Free edition has no noticeable impact whatsoever, that's true. But the suites do and they have a lot!

Reactions: yigido

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Depends on the product! The Free edition has no noticeable impact whatsoever, that's true. But the suites do and they have a lot!
The Free one? It is of course lighter... but still many products are a lot lighter than it. Webroot and ESET for example.

The FREE one has some noticeable impact on a netbook

Reactions: koushik

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013

yes !! but the product advertised in that page is "Bitdefender Internet Security 2014" :D

Mohimen

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2014
:eek: Whare is Avast , ESET
I think that the non-appearance of the two programs indicates that they are less consumption from bitdefender :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The best advice is to take any of these studies,reports & ads with a grain of salt and try them for yourself and make your decision based on that.

Reactions: Venustus and Nedim

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Lightest so far for me are three AVs:

ESET,
Webroot,
Windows Defender

Regarding boot time, the one that causes me the fastest boot time is: Windows Defender. I'm surprised though, I thought it would be Webroot. Maybe it is because Defender is integrated into the system. I am using a slow netbook.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BitDefender has been making false advertising, fake reviews and probably even paying off AV testing sites to get high scores for many years all starting off with TopTenReviews. All this work it still not helping them, if you visit third-party download sites you will find that BitDefender is one of the lowest downloaded security products. All paid products are at the bottom of the lists and most of the free security products are at the top of the most downloaded list.

Apparently BitDefender must be having problems making sales since all of the giveaways and still most users don't want it.
If you can't give it away for free then how do you suppose to sell it?

BitDefender is not the only security vendor to do this either, most paid vendors are starting to suffer sale losses because of the popularity of free security products and Windows 8 on default security features. Most advanced users already know if they don't download suspicious files and utilize UAC that they will have nothing to worry about. The novice users will always have infections until they learn no matter what security software they use because they will ignore UAC and download anything. Never believe security software vendors, testing sites or reviews their total goal to to sell a product not to be honest.

Thanks. :D

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
BitDefender has been making false advertising, fake reviews and probably even paying off AV testing sites to get high scores for many years all starting off with TopTenReviews. All this work it still not helping them, if you visit third-party download sites you will find that BitDefender is one of the lowest downloaded security products. All paid products are at the bottom of the lists and most of the free security products are at the top of the most downloaded list.

Apparently BitDefender must be having problems making sales since all of the giveaways and still most users don't want it.

BitDefender is not the only security vendor to do this either, most paid vendors are starting to suffer sale losses because of the popularity of free security products and Windows 8 on default security features. Most advanced users already know if they don't download suspicious files and utilize UAC that they will have nothing to worry about. The novice users will always have infections until they learn no matter what security software they use because they will ignore UAC and download anything. Never believe security software vendors, testing sites or reviews their total goal to to sell a product not to be honest.

Yes, agree, but I believe many are having good noble intentions like the true desire to fight malware.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
So according to this page http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/MalwareTips/ , Bitdefender has the lowest impact on system performance :D seriously Bitdefender ?? o_O Your resource hogging security suite's impact on the system performance is lower than Microsoft Security Essentials ?? ROFL :D just gimme a break

Capture.jpg

Nice April Fools day joke!;)
Thanks!!:)

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, agree, but I believe many are having good noble intentions like the true desire to fight malware.

I believed that when I was new (loved and just knew Avira/Avast) but as years have passed that "desire" struggled with the balance to gain revenues/sales because of (as Littlebits have mentioned very well) users tend to learn and learn more how to be safe at less cost to them. And so that "noble-true-desire-trying-to-strike-a-balance-in-profit/revenues" led to "false advertising, fake reviews and probably even paying off AV testing sites to get high scores".

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I like how they compare the worst antiviruses ever.... Although kaspersky is pretty good but anyways...

Last edited:
Reactions: koushik

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013

thank for this insightful comment !! :cool: really enjoyed reading it !! :) :D

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.