Artwork Lucida Anti-Malware [CONCEPT]

Discussion in 'Device Customization & ArtWork' started by Wave, Feb 19, 2017.

?

Would you like a real Anti-Malware product to have a GUI like this one?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wave

Wave Guest

#1 Wave, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
    Hi everyone! :)

Today I decided to make a GUI concept and I wanted to share it with you all to get suggestions, bear in mind that it really is only a CONCEPT and therefore it's not a real product... I started it about an hour ago, I don't think it's bad for an hours work.

For once I have left my "comfort" zone and gone for a different sort of color scheme, usually I stick to white or dark only. But today is a new day! ;) :p

Currently there is only a Home screen concept, if people like it enough then I may consider finding time to do the other tabs...

(the preview was updated, I kept the original preview before the suggestions attached to the thread though).

lucida_anti_malware__ui_concept__by_waveone-dazqmkx.png

I've intentionally tried to make the GUI quite small so it can fit on smaller screens, hopefully I've succeeded in that... Or maybe I just cannot tell because that can happen when you mix the green grass with champagne, haha :p (finished the home screen for now so I'm gonna sleep it off lol)

The news area is completely fictional, Spora ransomware has not really infected over 10,000 systems in under 4 weeks (I think not at least), but I had to spice things up for the concept purposes... ;)

Please let me know what you all think!

Thank you.. Wave. :)

Willams, Parsh, Yash Khan and 19 others like this.
  2. Marko :)

Marko :) Level 10

Aug 12, 2015
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I like it but I would remove smiley and put checkmark instead. Avast had smiley and a lot of people found it creepy, especially at night. :D

Parsh, Yash Khan, DardiM and 5 others like this.
  3. Oxygen

Oxygen Level 42

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Other than the smile I think it looks pretty good.

Parsh, Yash Khan, DardiM and 5 others like this.
  4. LukeNukesEm

LukeNukesEm Level 5

Sep 14, 2016
    The Moon
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Like others said I find the smile a little weird. Good work!

Yash Khan, DardiM, mal1 and 3 others like this.
  5. shukla44

shukla44 Level 10

Jan 14, 2016
    India
    Windows 7
    Kaspersky
    It looks great to me. Simple & very pleasing to look at.
    Like others said, the smiley is looking a bit weird. Maybe use an check-mark or thumbs-up or something different all together.

PS: Once pointed at the smiley, i can't think of it as anything as else but creepy. It like the elephant in the room, can't look & can't look away either.....:eek::confused:;):)

Parsh, Yash Khan, DardiM and 3 others like this.
  6. Wave

Wave Guest

#6 Wave, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
    Thank you everyone for your feedback so far! :)

I will change the smiley icon to something else like a tick and update the thread with the new image sometime tonight. :) ;)

Edit: I've updated the original thread.

[​IMG]

7. Marko :)

Marko :) Level 10

Aug 12, 2015
    Croatia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Now that's it. I like it. ;)

Parsh, Yash Khan, DardiM and 2 others like this.
  8. Janl1992l

Janl1992l Level 9

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Windows 10
    Avast
    Hm i would not use it. Not that bad but i prefere that u have all the things u need to look at at the left site. Like the new avast where u can navigate than. I dont know why but it looks to simple for me. I love programs that looks like wow, there must be tons of work in it :D

Yash Khan, mal1 and Wave like this.
  9. Wave

Wave Guest

Thank you for the support!

No problem, the point of this GUI was meant to be as simple as could be while including basic functionality features like scan options and some protection shields. Bear in mind that the title is "Anti-Malware", and Avast is a full blown Anti-Virus product. I guess you can't please everyone, thanks for the feedback mate :)

Maybe in the future I'll find time to make a more filling GUI with more to offer from within it but I am not sure really haha

10. Janl1992l

Janl1992l Level 9

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Windows 10
    Avast
    Oh i missed the point "antimalware" for a second scanner or second realtime protection i would use it all the way. For that its realy nice. :) Well, it should be simple than.

Yash Khan, mal1 and Wave like this.
  11. Wave

Wave Guest

I'll probably make an AV GUI concept soon, maybe as soon as this upcoming week... I might have a whole week of college due to some events going on there (no classes maybe) so if I do then I'll have a whole week of making GUI concepts.

I'll try and make some good ones and post those onto DeviantArt, who knows, maybe one day someone will come along and be like "Alright we'll buy the rights for £100" = $$$$ :D :D :D

Just kidding, that's a 1 in a million chance looool... But I did see some awful GUIs sold in the past from DeviantArt haha

Yash Khan, DardiM and mal1 like this.
  12. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    Run with it homie, that looks good.

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Level 7

Nov 26, 2016
    Security Software Guru
    Europe/Slovenia
    Windows 10
    Avast
    Lucida_Concept_Mk1_By_RejZoR.png

I still have the magic touch with the GUI's ;)

- added some more consistency and better elements layout
    - ditched scan settings, you have "Scan" tab within reach with just 1 click
    - ditched protection settings, you have "Settings" tab within reach with just 1 click
    - I'd ditch the "Check for updates" and placed its functionality on top of "Last update:" status (clicking it would update the AV), bt have left it for the sake of keeping the element there.

Parsh, Yash Khan, Oxygen and 4 others like this.
  14. Wave

Wave Guest

IMO it does look better than the original one but I cannot update it because you made the modifications so even though I own the rights to the GUI I don't want to just replace the original one with the modification, say on case someone magically comes out of no where and says to me "Can we buy the rights to the GUI?" (e.g. maybe they like the theme or something), but then I didn't make the modification so it would feel wrong.

But yes I do agree with your points 100% and the modification looks much nicer IMO :) good work with the magic touch :) :)

15. Wave

Wave Guest

@RejZoR That modification is actually really nice... :O wow haha. Just goes to show that small edits can make UX much better :)

Yash Khan, DardiM, mal1 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rolo

Rolo Level 18

Jun 14, 2015
    Retired Electronics, Computer, Network Engineer
    North Carolina
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    I picked "no" because I loathe non-resizeable windows.

Unlike the typical security UI designer, I value usability (UX) over UI.

You have scan stuff in the Home tab but you have a Scan tab.

Yash Khan, mal1, Wave and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dani Santos

Dani Santos From Xvirus
    Developer

Jun 3, 2014
    Portugal
    Windows 10
    Xvirus
    How do you know you can't resize it? Did you try it?

18. Wave

Wave Guest

Thanks :) I did notice that, at the time I didn't know what to put in the Home tab so I left it there as a place-holder and then didn't bother changing it. I do have a better idea for the home tab but I've got a whole week of concept designing ahead of me, so I'll use the better ideas for them instead of modifying this one. :)

You got me creasing right now hahah :D :D :D

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Level 7

Nov 26, 2016
    Security Software Guru
    Europe/Slovenia
    Windows 10
    Avast
    Nonsense. My concept for example has the size that fits even on 800x600 resolution. Tell me, when will you need to use interface on anything that small or smaller to have a need for resizable GUI? Besides, resizable interface can bring so many problems it's just not worth it. As we've seen with avast! 17 launch, 1024x600 netbooks are the main issue currently. 800x600 compatibility is being very generous at this point...

Yash Khan, DardiM and Wave like this.