M.A.N's Configuration ... ...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you running more than one computer with these software?

Real-Time Protection: AVG Internet Security
On-demand Scanners: Avast Premier, IObit Malware Fighter, Bitdefender Total Security

I strongly recommend that you uninstall all, except for one real-time Antivirus software.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I agree with @yigido's suggestions.. Also how are you using AVG IS, BD IS and Avast at the same time? You should just keep one in real-time and then add one or two on-demand scanners per se, like HitmanPro. I would uninstall IObit Malware Fighter.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Too many browsers and too many Security suites.A couple browsers and one security suite would be fine.
Once you have accomplished that I would remove IObit Malware fighter in favor of some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Eset Online Scanner

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As mentioned by other members, your browsers are installed too much and some have same engines, therefore 2 browsers are enough.

Especially scanners which are unlikely are realtime AV's that were turn off.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
*Laughing* at McLovin's mention of Waterfox (I've forgotten it too!:D).

Minhaz Ahmed Neloy, as a fellow adventurer into the assorted dimensions of browers, I suggest you consider (unless you already do what I'm about to suggest) extracting portable versions of your browsers onto an external USB drive which is both easier on your system by no longer adding further additions to your registry while satisfying your other "habit", collecting browsers which isn't quite as happy a "habit" as Malware Tips.:rolleyes:
"Hello, my name is Cats-4_Owners-2, and I am a browser-holic. It's been 1 week since I last installed a portable Chrome browser onto my USB drive...". ;)

By opening your browsers sandboxed, and using the free program Sandboxie, you'll add an additional layer of protection which prevents permanent and unwanted changes to your system.
CCleaner is a popluar quality software that has earned it's way into the hearts of computer enthusiasts whom know it for it's safely cleaning unnecessary and accumulated files, and it's free! Also considered one of the few safe approaches to cleaning registries, it is also available as a portable app.
*To download the portable version, scroll to the bottom of linked page and find: "Builds page".:)

Last edited:

Minhaz Ahmed Neloy

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 6, 2014
Too many browsers and good config :)
You need µBlock or Adguard to block ads in the browsers and HTTPS Everywhere to make your connections secure. These extensions are essential and available for your browsers. And you can use LastPass Password Manager which saves your passwords and gives you secure access from your browser.
I Use Ad Block Plus ... ...

Are you running more than one computer with these software?

Real-Time Protection: AVG Internet Security
On-demand Scanners: Avast Premier, IObit Malware Fighter, Bitdefender Total Security

I strongly recommend that you uninstall all, except for one real-time Antivirus software.
I Disable all others Real Time Protection except AVG ...

Too many browsers and too many Security suites.A couple browsers and one security suite would be fine.
Once you have accomplished that I would remove IObit Malware fighter in favor of some on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Eset Online Scanner
Those are not actually too much for meh ... ... :):p:p:)

i guess he must have more than 16gb ram pc if using realtime feature in all suites :confused:
I actually don't have 16 GB of RAM But my Machine was never frozen yet ...:p:p:p

You forgot Waterfox, haha
i didn't ... i tried Water fox too but its database conflicts with Firefox's database means both uses the same Directory thats why i don't use it ... ...

*Laughing* at McLovin's mention of Waterfox (I've forgotten it too!:D).

Minhaz Ahmed Neloy, as a fellow adventurer into the assorted dimensions of browers, I suggest you consider (unless you already do what I'm about to suggest) extracting portable versions of your browsers onto an external USB drive which is both easier on your system by no longer adding further additions to your registry while satisfying your other "habit", collecting browsers which isn't quite as happy a "habit" as Malware Tips.:rolleyes:
"Hello, my name is Cats-4_Owners-2, and I am a browser-holic. It's been 1 week since I last installed a portable Chrome browser onto my USB drive...". ;)

By opening your browsers sandboxed, and using the free program Sandboxie, you'll add an additional layer of protection which prevents permanent and unwanted changes to your system.
CCleaner is a popluar quality software that has earned it's way into the hearts of computer enthusiasts whom know it for it's safely cleaning unnecessary and accumulated files, and it's free! Also considered one of the few safe approaches to cleaning registries, it is also available as a portable app.
*To download the portable version, scroll to the bottom of linked page and find: "Builds page".:)
Thanks for the tips but i actually already aware and known to those ... ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

Real-Time Protection:

AVG Internet Security
On-demand scanners:

Avast Premier, IObit Malware Fighter, Bitdefender Total Security

Minhaz Ahmed Neloy said:
I Disable all others Real Time Protection except AVG ...

ok so you have 3 suites that each includes a firewall , so 3 firewalls; each Firewall having its own drivers doing the same things, so you created potential conflicts; not saying overlapping proactive features that also will create conflicts..

in top of that you kept the less good RT engine (aka AVG) from the three, and use resources for IOBIT that is one of the worst engine ever.

so basically you have a poor config despite the fact that you think by disabling RT features you are ok.

even me, well known here from my high paranoia level, never did that ; there is a difference between making a fortress and making a tomb :D

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I highly recommend you uninstall all IObit programs, they often do more harm than good and have a very bad reputation...

Reactions: Rishi

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If you want to have Bitdefender has on-demand, then a much better idea would be to have Emsisoft Emergency Kit instead. Or use Zemana Antimalware which uses multiple engines on the cloud to replace your on-demand scanners.

I highly recommend you uninstall all IObit programs, they often do more harm than good and have a very bad reputation...
I still think their uninstaller is pretty good. But yeah, in terms of on-demand scanners, there are better options out there.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its acceptable when its done to your VM or isolated environment to experiment any combination of protection.

There are many programs that comprises strong Anti-exe, multi-engine based and HIPS/BB to sort up your needs. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.