Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
macOS 10.13 High Sierra is coming on September 25

Today, Apple held its big September hardware event, where it announced a trio of new iPhones, an Apple Watch that offers cellular connectivity, and an Apple TV that supports 4K and HDR streaming. Afterward, it released GM seeds for the next versions of the operating systems that those products use, including iOS 11, watchOS 4, and tvOS 11.

Oddly enough, macOS 10.13 High Sierra was left off of the list, and while Apple publicly announced a September 19 release date for the other three, macOS wasn't mentioned at all during the keynote.

Now, the firm has updated the High Sierra listing on its website to say that it will be available on September 25. If you're currently running the beta, you'll likely see the GM seed in about a week.

One of the key features of High Sierra will be the Apple File System (APFS), which is built on a 64-bit architecture and is meant to be more responsive and secure. It also brings support for the next generation of Apple's graphics engine, called Metal 2, along with virtual reality support and more.

fredwerk

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2015
I am looking forward to the GM build because the one I have (latest is 17A360a) as a Public beta, is buggy and slow. Certainly made my MBP slower.

Reactions: lowdetection

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Downloading.
The only reason why I'm updating is for Apple File System (APFS). Other new things are useless for me.
We'll see how APFS perform.

Reactions: lowdetection
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.