Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.7097 - 31st October 2022
  • Scheduling
    If the scheduler fails to launch Reflect, a diagnostic error code will now appear in the scheduler history.
  • SQL Backups
    SQL authentication credentials could fail to save causing scheduled backups to fail. This has been resolved.
  • Technician's USB Media
    Expired Technician's USB sticks would sometimes crash on startup, rather than giving a "This Technicians' media has expired" message box. This has been resolved.
  • Imaging
    • ReFS volumes on dynamic disks were shown as "Unformatted" in Reflect Server. This has been resolved.
    • Restores and Clones. We've improved the handling of logical partitions on MBR disk to grow the containing extended partition to the end of the disk.
    • We've Improved the support for meta block groups on Linux EXT2+ formatted file-systems. Previously, fragmented Group Descriptors could cause the file system to show as unformatted
  • Macrium Reflect General
    • The trial registration process could be blocked on Server 2003. This has been resolved.
    • In dark mode, the Mount Exchange Backup dialog's backup tree was not being themed correctly. This has been resolved.
    • On the Scripts tab, the Add Script button will now always be enabled.
    • 'mrauto.exe' caused Reflect to fail to start when using invalid chars in backup filename. This has been resolved.
    • A different backup file could be selected in Existing backups view after cancelling Run backup/Edit Comment/etc. This has been resolved.
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    The Image Guardian Settings Events tab would not auto populate with Windows Events. This issue has been resolved.
  • Various
    Various other minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.
Source: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.7167 - 25th November 2022
  • Technician's USB Media
    Expired technician's media would pop up "Technicians' media has expired" message box twice. This has been resolved.
  • Imaging
    • We've improved the speed of loading Delta Indexes when there are many Incremental backups in a backup set.
    • Drive Letters were not shown in the Partition Layout view for Dynamic Disk volumes. This has been resolved.
    • Reflect Home or Workstation would show ReFS file systems as "Unformatted". ReFS is now displayed correctly, however, please note that you need Reflect Server or Server Plus for 'intelligent sector copy' images of ReFS formatted drives.
  • Macrium Reflect General
    • When creating a backup, it was possible to paste in a filename that contained invalid characters. This is now resolved.
    • Reflect maintains a "Recent backup destinations" list for searching existing backups. Occasionally, under certain usage scenarios, the selection state of some of the check boxes on this list could not be remembered. This is now resolved.
    • Leading and trailing spaces are now trimmed for file path edit boxes.
    • ReflectMonitor did not display the Current Progress for Automatic Verification. This has been resolved.
  • Various
    Various other minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Same even for me, Home license does still work:

M-H.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.7175 - 26th November 2022
  • ReflectMonitor
    After updating to v8.0.7167, ReflectMonitor would not activate using the Hot-Key sequence, and the Taskbar toast notifications could fail to show. This has been resolved.
  • Dark Theme
    We've fixed an issue with the Dark Theme drawing in the Rescue Media Builder advanced properties.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Perhaps this update is only for Macruim Reflect free version? I got this update for my other machine :unsure: but no update notification on my laptop for Macruim Reflect Home 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, here the full changelog:
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.7279 - 10th January 2023
  • viBoot
    VirtualBox VMs sometime would not show in viBoot GUI. This has been resolved.
  • Imaging
    When reading some Bitlocker volumes, Reflect could attempt to allocate an erroneously large block of memory. This has been resolved.
  • System Restore
    Staging a system restore from Windows would sometimes fail to automatically reboot after the restore completed within the rescue environment. This has been resolved.
  • General
    Lower than actual write speed values were shown in Disk Write Performance tool. This has been resolved.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
v8.1.7280 is available for Macrium Reflect Home users today.

New in v8.1: New in Version 8.1 - Knowledgebase 8.0 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Bug fixes v8.1.7280 - 10th January 2023
  • viBoot
    VirtualBox VMs sometime would not show in viBoot GUI. This has been resolved.
  • Imaging
    When reading some Bitlocker volumes, Reflect could attempt to allocate an erroneously large block of memory. This has been resolved.
  • System Restore
    Staging a system restore from Windows would sometimes fail to automatically reboot after the restore completed within the rescue environment. This has been resolved.
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    During data de-duplication operations on Windows Server, the File Server Data Management Host (FSDMHOST.EXE) process would be blocked from opening Reflect image files. This has been resolved.
  • General
    Lower than actual write speed values were shown in Disk Write Performance tool. This has been resolved.
  • Rescue Media
    We've updated the Windows PE 10 download to version 2004.
  • viBoot
    We've added VirtualBox 7.0 support to viBoot.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
I haven't experienced that issue personally (Windows 10 22H2) nor was there any issue booting into Macrium's environment using rescue media. System has been rebooted several times since update without any problems. Update was still available about an hour ago but posters on thread linked by Digmor suggest it's been pulled.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Odd, I just happened to want to do something when I got the update notification so I put it off. I'm glad I did. Although it only seems like 2-3 people have mentioned the issue so far.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I installed the new version on 3 computers with Windows 11 Pro and Emsisoft Business Security without any problems. In the Macrium forum, the suspicion is expressed that the problem that has occurred is related to third-party AV software.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Macrium Reflect v8.1.7336. I have this update ready for Macrium Home (paid version).

Bug fixes and Improvements v8.1.7280 - 10th January 2023 / v8.1.7336 - 30th January 2023

Note:
Release v8.1.7280 was available for a short period of time. These release notes cover both v8.1.7280 and v8.1.7336.
  • Macrium Reflect v8.1 is here
    We're pleased to announce the public release of Macrium Reflect v8.1. Please see here for more information.
  • Changed Block Tracker
    This release fixes a problem with the previous release, v8.1.7280, that caused a BSoD for some users.
  • Imaging
  • System Restore
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    During data de-duplication operations on Windows Server, the File Server Data Management Host (FSDMHOST.EXE) process would be blocked from opening Reflect image files. This has been resolved.
  • General
  • Rescue Media
    We've updated the Windows PE 10 download to version 2004.
  • viBoot
    • We've added VirtualBox 7.0 support to viBoot.
    • VirtualBox VMs sometimes would not show in viBoot GUI. This has been resolved

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Macrium Reflect v8.1.7367, available here for my Macrium Home license.

Bug fixes and Improvements v8.1.7367 - 7th February 2023
  • Changed Block Tracker
    We've resolved a rare BAD_POOL_HEADER exception caused by an I/O error raised when CBT read a highly fragmented NTFS Master File table (MFT).
  • Disk Images
    • v8.1 images could take longer to restore if the image file storage medium was a bottleneck in the restore process. This has been resolved.
    • On some CPUs and disk drive combinations, Reflect v8.1 manual image verification could be noticeable slower than Reflect v8.0. This has been resolved.
    • Some customers have reported a slower backup speed to Network Attached Storage. This has been improved.
    • Adjusting the CPU priority slider to the 1st or 2nd position will now also reduce the maximum CPU usage to mitigate system slowdown when creating images.
    • Some image backups fail with error code 995. This has been resolved.
  • General
    • The Email parameters for skipped backups are now correctly localized for the currently selected language.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.