Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
v8.0.5903 - 17th May 2021

Macrium Reflect v8.0 - First Public Release

We're excited to announce the official release of Macrium Reflect v8.0.

Macrium Reflect v8.0 has been comprehensively overhauled to provide a better user experience, and we've added some great new functionality as well...
  • Resilient File System (ReFS) and exFAT support
  • Dark Theme
  • Intra-Daily scheduled backups
  • Removable media Imaging and Cloning support
  • Automatic partiton resizing when restoring or cloning to different sized disks
  • New 'Existing Backups' view
  • Improved File and Folder backup wizard
  • Improved backup file name functionality
  • New tbFAT driver for mounting File and Folder backups
  • Redesigned and Improved 'Log' view
  • OAuth 2.0 email authentication for Gmail and Outlook 365
  • viBoot now includes Oracle VirtualBox support
Please visit our knowledgebase for more information: New in Macrium Reflect 8.0
Source: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I believe, for now, it's for paid users only possible to use the new version 8, let's see... ;)
Yeah probably they will make it available on the site later.
Also to note with this I saw Microsoft Defender at work for the first time holding execution of a file to check with the cloud (for an extended period thanks to @Andy Ful ). Clearly they JUST released this as I've never seen this before.
Yeah, this usually happens for files Defender never seen before or maybe on very few computers. You were one of the first to run that exe. I have been lucky enough to see this a few times before.
I got it from Major Geeks
Thanks. Downloaded this but it seems a bit odd. After running it showed an update notification but it was blank and I can't seem to find the dark theme option either 🤷‍♂️
So it's probably not the final version.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah probably they will make it available on the site later.

Yeah, this usually happens for files Defender never seen before or maybe on very few computers. You were one of the first to run that exe. I have been lucky enough to see this a few times before.

Thanks. Downloaded this but it seems a bit odd. After running it showed an update notification but it was blank and I can't seem to find the dark theme option either 🤷‍♂️
So it's probably not the final version.
Dark Theme is under 'Other Tasks' on the menu bar and then the option 'Change Theme'. That Major Geeks download already had a lot of downloads, might support your idea.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Dark Theme is under 'Other Tasks' on the menu bar and then the option 'Change Theme'. That Major Geeks download already had a lot of downloads, might support your idea.
I downloaded the free version from the MajorGeeks link, installed and opened Reflect which immediately did a software update check and downloaded a 110 Mb file, this turned out to be ver 7.3.58.54. It appears that Paramount do not want users installing the free ver 8.0.5903 just yet.

Relect.PNG

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I downloaded the free version from the MajorGeeks link, installed and opened Reflect which immediately did a software update check and downloaded a 110 Mb file, this turned out to be ver 7.3.58.54. It appears that Paramount do not want users installing the free ver 8.0.5903 just yet.

View attachment 258197

I ran the ver 8 free installer again and prevented the update check downloading ver 7.3.58.54. I now have two Macrium icons on the desktop, one for Reflect ver 8 and one for viBoot. Reflect is currently doing a differential backup.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I have a question regarding Macrium. While restoring a backup, I have to confirm some things two or three times. The first one I think before starting the operation, the second time about Windows PE or something, third time about system restart. There is a certain delay between these 3 confirmations. I find it very annoying because usually when I want to restore, I want to start the process, go away from my PC and come back a few minutes later when everything is finished but can't do it with Macrium. I have to sit there waiting for all the "Yes" button confirmations. Is there any way to avoid this? AOMEI Backupper does exactly how I prefer. I just need to confirm once before starting the restoration process and it takes care of everything automatically.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I have a question regarding Macrium. While restoring a backup, I have to confirm some things two or three times. The first one I think before starting the operation, the second time about Windows PE or something, third time about system restart. There is a certain delay between these 3 confirmations. I find it very annoying because usually when I want to restore, I want to start the process, go away from my PC and come back a few minutes later when everything is finished but can't do it with Macrium. I have to sit there waiting for all the "Yes" button confirmations. Is there any way to avoid this? AOMEI Backupper does exactly how I prefer. I just need to confirm once before starting the restoration process and it takes care of everything automatically.
What kind of delay are you seeing? I haven’t reimaged in a while, but I don’t remember a noticeable delay between confirmations (but my memory these days isn’t so reliable due to sleep deprivation).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.