New Update Macrium Reflect Home

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Are there any noticeable changes in ver8 other than the adoption of the dark theme?
I'm interested, but I'm fully satisfied with ver7 in terms of functionality.
Reflect 8 KB.PNG

The USB imaging and cloning as well as the VirtualBox support interest me.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I have a question regarding Macrium. While restoring a backup, I have to confirm some things two or three times. The first one I think before starting the operation, the second time about Windows PE or something, third time about system restart. There is a certain delay between these 3 confirmations. I find it very annoying because usually when I want to restore, I want to start the process, go away from my PC and come back a few minutes later when everything is finished but can't do it with Macrium. I have to sit there waiting for all the "Yes" button confirmations. Is there any way to avoid this? AOMEI Backupper does exactly how I prefer. I just need to confirm once before starting the restoration process and it takes care of everything automatically.
I've experienced several permission confirmations spread over a longer timespan than I felt was desirable with Reflect, finding myself like you, stuck in front of the screen waiting to click on 'Yes/No'. I understand with something like re-imaging that software will double check that you really want to do something this major, but having these requests programmed to appear in a shorter space of time would mean we can get up, stand up and get some exercise, make a coffee, whatever...

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I've experienced several permission confirmations spread over a longer timespan than I felt was desirable with Reflect, finding myself like you, stuck in front of the screen waiting to click on 'Yes/No'. I understand with something like re-imaging that software will double check that you really want to do something this major, but having these requests programmed to appear in a shorter space of time would mean we can get up, stand up and get some exercise, make a coffee, whatever...
Yeah, exactly. You have perfectly explained what I wanted to say. I also agree that Macrium just wants to reassure that the user is doing it with their consent. I just remembered how these delays were much longer when I was using a HDD. So an option somewhere to avoid multiple confirmations would've been better.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I downloaded the free version from the MajorGeeks link, installed and opened Reflect which immediately did a software update check and downloaded a 110 Mb file, this turned out to be ver 7.3.58.54. It appears that Paramount do not want users installing the free ver 8.0.5903 just yet.

View attachment 258197

It seems that the free version is still ver.7.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
It seems that the free version is still ver.7.
It looks like they have changed the download file at Major Geeks. There are four download options currently at

a bootable rescue version and three options which offer a 5.03Mb file which is supposedly for ver 8.0.5903 and named 'ReflectDLHF.exe'

Relect @ MajorGeeks.PNG

The file that I got the other day from MajorGeeks was 161Mb and named 'reflect_setup_free_x64.exe'

I've just run an update check from Reflect 8.0.5903, it says there is an update available but I did not download it as I suspect it is ver 7 as I discovered the other day and mentioned in this thread earlier.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Macrium v8 doesn't close properly after full image/verify. Alert saying completed successfully disappears and only option left is then 'close' which then asks if you want to cancel (image has been generated correctly). Program then becomes unresponsive and it has to be closed in Task Manager.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.5928 - 25th May 2021
  • Reflect UI Font
    We've changed the menu fonts used in v8.0 to be the same face and point size as in v7.x. A future update will add additonal configuration options.
  • Main Toolbar
    The main application toolbar can now by hidden to save space. Take the 'View' > 'Toolbar' menu option.
  • Log View
    • To save screen space, we've added a Show/Hide button for the filter options in the Log View.
    • Logs were not being purged on startup when the retention was set for zero days. This has been resolved.
    • We've resolved a crash when loading log files that are empty.
  • File and Folder
    • File and Folder backups could incorrectly report access denied for some files when backing up. This has been resolved.
    • The copied files list now shows Modified and Created dates in local time rather than UTC.
  • Installer
    The 32 bit installer could crash unexpectedly on some systems. This has been resolved.
  • Password Reveal
    Password reveal box now supports Windows Hello PIN authentication..
  • MS Outlook 365
    We've fixed a problem with Outlook personal account usage in the MS Outlook 365 Email Settings
Source: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I downloaded the free version from the MajorGeeks link, installed and opened Reflect which immediately did a software update check and downloaded a 110 Mb file, this turned out to be ver 7.3.58.54. It appears that Paramount do not want users installing the free ver 8.0.5903 just yet.

View attachment 258197

I'm still getting offered an 'update' from 8.0.5903 to 7.3.58.54!

It is possible that I need to revert back to the previous version before I can get the new, new free ver 8 of Reflect, but I'm not going to mess about with it tonight, I don't have time. It is also possible that the free version that I have was posted on the Major Geeks site accidentally. The free ver 8 that I have is working fine, running differential updates and I tried installing an image through this version that was successful

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.5942 - 29th May 2021
  • Windows XP
    Some 32 bit components could error during initialization when running on Windows XP. This has been resolved.
  • Shutdown after Backup
    We've resolved a problem that caused the power settings after a backup to not be honored.
  • Exchange
    Exchange backups would not correctly group by year when selecting a backup to restore from. This has been resolved.
  • Scheduled Backups View
    A rare program error could occur in the schedule history view when retrieving audit history records. This has been resolved.
  • UI Improvements
    • Some Windows installations, including, but not limited to, Japanese and Chinese traditional, could substitute the UI font with an incorrect typeface. This has been resolved.
    • Image Guardian Event Viewer did not correctly display Warning icons. This has been resolved.
  • Technicians License
    The Technicians Portable application could display an incorrect expiry date in the application title bar. This has been resolved.
  • Batch Backups
    Backups run in 'batch mode', using a script by passing parameters to the Reflect command line would incorrectly show a completion dialog. This has been resolved.
  • viBoot
    viBoot could fail to load v8 encrypted image files. This has been resolved.
  • Various
    Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
AFAIK, the free v8 is not officially issued, nor supported. If you managed to snag this, you may be best served by accepting the downgrade at this time. IIRC, the v7 free edition was officially released quite some time after v7 was made available.

For me, I'll wait until v8.1 before upgrading my paid and free installations.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.5945 - 30th May 2021
  • File and Folder
    We've resolved a problem with the File and Folder source tree control not displaying selection state correctly
  • Various
    Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.