Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.6584 - 15th February 2022
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    On some systems, MIG could generate a Stack Trace event for a non-blocked remote file operation. This has been resolved.
    For more information on this functionality please see here
  • File and Folder
    File and Folder restores could fail if the restored path was greater than 256 characters. This has been resolved.
  • Clone Power Saving Options
    When taking a clone, any change to the after Clone shutdown option would be incorrectly overruled by the Power Saving options in the clone definition. This has been resolved.
Source: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.6635 - 4th March 2022
  • Localization
    We've added Dutch, Portuguese Brazilian and Polish translations to Macrium Reflect, and improved the coverage of translated strings.
    We would like to thank our localization contributors for their outstanding help with the Macrium Reflect localization project. For credits, please take the 'Help' > 'About' menu option and click 'Localization Contributors'
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    Applies to Windows 7 to 8.1 and Server 2008R2 to Server 2012R2. On some systems, MIG could generate a Stack Trace event for a non-blocked remote file operation. This has been resolved.
  • Scheduled Backups
    On some systems, if Power Saving options were set to shut down or suspend the system after a scheduled backup, then the end time in the Scheduler History could show the time the system started up again instead of the time the backup completed. This has been resolved.
  • Rescue Media
    The rescue media could default to using a US Keyboard layout regardless of the current Windows keyboard setting. This has been resolved.
  • viBoot
    viBoot could incorrectly display 'No bootable drive detected error' when launched from Reflect. This has been resolved.
  • Server Plus
    SQL Diff and Log backups could fail to find the previous backup in the set and create a new Full. This has been resolved.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I was notified of the update a few hours ago, so I went ahead and updated it. anyone using F-Secure, did you get blocked during the update? I was blocked in the process. I thought about starting over, but the update seems to have succeeded, so I will wait and see.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I was notified of the update a few hours ago, so I went ahead and updated it. anyone using F-Secure, did you get blocked during the update? I was blocked in the process. I thought about starting over, but the update seems to have succeeded, so I will wait and see.
F-Secure running my other machine. Macrium latest update went well, no issues here (y)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Hmmm, is this a phenomenon that happened only to me? I deleted the event log because it was an eyesore, but the main warning was something like "trying to tamper with other files". Since it is an executable file for updating, I thought, well, it could be called tampering.:unsure::coffee:

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
No, it worked like a dream here:)
It's a vague memory, but I think I read a post on F-Secure's forum that the same phenomenon occurred when updating other software. It seems to be a rare phenomenon. Of course, Macrium Reflect is working without any problem.:)(y)

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Macrium Reflect Patch Details

Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.6758 - 11th May 2022
  • Localization
    We've added Chinese and Chinese (Taiwan) to Macrium Reflect, and improved the coverage of translated strings.
    We would like to thank our localization contributors for their outstanding help with the Macrium Reflect localization project. For credits, please take the 'Help' > 'About' menu option and click 'Localization Contributors'
  • Macrium Reflect Automation Command Line Utility - MRAuto.exe
    We've created a new utility to simplify common Image backup and restore tasks using the Windows command line.
    Note: MRAuto.exe is installed to the Macrium Reflect installation folder and is not available for Macrium Reflect Free.
    For more information on MRAuto.exe please see here
  • File and Folder
    • We've added a "Select All" checkbox to the Search Restore Files Wizard. Note: When multiple versions of a file are available, only the most recent will be selected.
    • Incremental and Differential backups could incorrectly list some unchanged files as included in the current backup. This has been resolved.
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    We've added an optional email notification for Blocked File Operations.
  • viBoot
    A password error could incorrectly be reported for encrypted image files during a VM Backup. This has been resolved.
  • Rescue Media
    When building PE 10 rescue media, if a custom wim file was provided, the Windows PE 10 download would sometimes incorrectly report failure. This has been resolved.
  • Macrium Reflect General
    • We've added additional information to the 'Detach Image' dialog to identify the mounted image file.
    • We've added the ability to purge the scheduled tasks history for Macrium Task Scheduler (MTS) jobs.
    • Image logs have been enhanced to include the unique volume path for each file system imaged. This helps to identify which volume is being verified when there is no drive letter assigned to the file system.
    • Saving a generated backup script in a previously unseen folder will show a 'Script folder warning' message to ensure the folder is protected from unauthorised access.
    • Renaming scripts from the script view context menu could prematurely cancel or lose the file extension. This has been resolved.
    • Site Manager created Image Files and Logs would not always have the backup definition displayed as Site Manager nor be correctly filtered. This has been resolved.
    • Using the Existing Files view context menu to View Backup Logs by definition, will now show Site Manager logs for a Site Manager created Image File.
  • Various
    Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
About this update.
The update was completed without any problem on the PC using F Secure Safe, but the warning was issued on the PC with fs protection installed. As in the previous case, the update itself seems to be complete. To be precise, I noticed that there was a warning after the update was completed.
キャプチャ.PNG

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Macrium Reflect Patch Details

Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.6867 - 6th July 2022
  • Localization
    The console output incorrectly displayed non English language characters when running batch files and scripts. This has been resolved.
  • Technicians Portable
    When running backups and clones from Technicians media in Portable mode, the Reflect window could be hidden with no way to un-hide. This has been resolved.
  • Macrium Reflect Automation Command Line Utility - MRAuto.exe
    The Reflect Default settings would cause old backup files to be purged without specifying --retention option. This has been resolved.
  • ReflectUpdater
    ReflectUpdater could cause a program exception during a check for update or registration. This has been resolved.
  • File and Folder
    • A rare computer crash has been reported when dismounting File and Folder backups. This has been resolved.
    • When selecting files to restore in the file search dialog, de-selecting a file will now correctly de-select the 'Select All' checkbox.
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    We've fixed multiple visual issues on older versions of Windows.
  • Changed Block Tracker
    After restoring a non-system MBR partition on Windows 7, CBT would sometimes not be used for future images. This has been resolved.
  • Backup Completion Emails
    • We've added dynamic parameters to both the email subject and the message body of completion email.
      Please see here, for more information.
    • Email Defaults - Recipients email address(es) were not correctly saved when changing existing defaults. This has been resolved.
    • We've added an Export button to the Schedule Backups toolbar. This was previously only available in the right click context menu.
    • Backing up unlocked BitLocker partitions without Reflect image encryption enabled will now show a warning message to suggest encrypting the backup.
    • We've added a new comment column to the 'Existing Backups' view to display backup comments in the list of files and sets.
    • We've fixed a bug that caused a program crash if a disk was connected that was originally cloned using a 3rd party product called 'Casper'.
    • Cloning and shrinking a FAT32 volume could fail with 'Error 0'. This has been resolved.
    • Some BitLocker partitions on MBR style disks would fail to auto-unlock in the Rescue Environment. This has been resolved.
  • Various
    Various other minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Macrium Reflect v8.0.6979
Bug fixes and Improvements v8.0.6979 - 7th September 2022
  • Localization
    We've added Hungarian localization to Macrium Reflect and improved the coverage of translated strings.
  • Macrium Image Guardian
    • The Macrium Image Guardian Settings dialog box could crash if a storage device returned a malformed Device Name. This has been resolved.
    • The check boxes and icons in the Volumes tab of the Macrium Image Guardian Settings dialog box did not display correctly at some DPI levels. This has been resolved.
  • RMBuilder
    When downloading Windows PE 5.0, the Rescue Media Builder would sometimes fail to download the last 15MB. This has been resolved.
  • Clone
    Cancelling a clone operation and selecting 'No' to the cancel request would leave the operation in Paused state. This has been resolved.
  • Restore
    The Shutdown/Reboot selection for automatic restores in the PE rescue media would not be honored. This has been resolved.
  • File and Folder Backup
    An incorrect 'Cannot replace file...' error could be shown when restoring a file from a File and Folder backup to a different location. This has been resolved.
  • Backup Completion Emails
    • Email parameters. The {WINVER} parameter now also appends Window's update build revision(UBR) number.
    • We've added the following parameters:
      {BACKUPSTATUS} - Backup completion status
      {BACKUPCOMMENT} - Backup Comment
  • User Interface
    • We've added a basic password authentication option to the Macrium Reflect user interface.
    • We've added a new option to disable consolidation for Incremental retention.
    • Windows Security/Defender reports warnings when Attack Surface Reduction rules are enabled. This has been resolved.
    • When running in the Rescue environment, the toolbar button to display loading errors in the Existing Backups tab was hidden. This has been resolved.
    • After cancelling a split-file backup that had progressed to the last file, Reflect could prompt for a new backup destination. This has been resolved.
    • In some instances, automatic image verification could result in the system becoming unresponsive during verification. This has been resolved.
    • We've improved the resizing of the Image View comments column, and the limitation on comment length displayed has been removed.
    • Reflect could crash when downloading language file with no Internet connection. This has been resolved.
    • An incorrect warning message, 'File is encrypted and supplied password is incorrect', could be shown in backup logs if consolidation was disabled using the registry setting. This has been resolved.
  • Various
    Various other minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.