• Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
  • G5
  • Core i5
  • GTX 1050 ti
  • 16GB RAM
  • 512GB SSD
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@madman777 : please kindly consider:
  • Please specify the exact version number of Avast product You have installed.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser, HitMan Pro Free and MalWareBytes 4 Windows Free.
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or also in cloud.
  • As for "Web Privacy", You may add some browser extensions (ad blocker, etc.), and also a VPN service.
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
  • Consider to update Your Windows 10 to RS5 1809 version.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hello @madman777 !

Thanks for posting your configuration.

First and foremost I would like to see you implment a great backup program! I have some great and free programs for you to try out.

Please try out either of these two:

1) Macirum Reflect (Free). Link: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

If you find you like Macrium Reflect look into using viBoot! Link: Macrium Software | Macrium viBoot

2) AOMEI Backupper Standard (Free) Link: Best Free Backup Software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP

Suggestion for virus and malware removal tools:

1) EEK - Emsisoft Emgergency Kit (Free & could be portable as in put onto a USB flash drive) Link: Emsisoft | Emergency Kit: Free Portable Malware Scan and Removal

2) Norton Power Eraser (Free) Link: Norton Rescue Tools

What edition of Windows 10 Pro are you rolling with? I would suggest staying current or near current with the Windows 10 builds.

uBlock Origin would be good for a ad blocker to add onto your extensions list (suggestion here)! I would also like to highly recommend HTTPS Everywhere as another good extension to have on your web browser. Please kindly let us know which web browser you are using.

You will need a good backup program in order for your configuration to be marked secure by the staff. Take a look at either of the two backup programs and see which you like better!

Consider a frequency of backups that works best for you for the backup cycle. For me I have a few backup programs that get used over a course of a week time span. Most could get by on a every two week (maybe a bit longer) basis depending on what he or she is doing.

I would suggest taking the upgrade for 1809 for Windows 10. If we were all in the corporate world I would get why we may want to stick with 1803 for a bit, but 1809 has been out in the wild and has been stable for some time now.

As for a good password manager I would suggest Bitwarden (Free)! Link: Open Source Password Management Solutions | Bitwarden

I personally use Sticky Password (paid), and RoboForm for Business but Bitwarden is starting to grab my attention on the free side.

~Brian

madman777

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 13, 2019
I am using the following : Sticky Password (paid) ulbock origin Windows edition 1803 but upgraded later 1809 and have a malwarebyte (paid)... thanks for the info most of the software u mention i am already using or have used it b4.. thanks for the info.. have gr8t day..

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I am using the following : Sticky Password (paid) ulbock origin Windows edition 1803 but upgraded later 1809 and have a malwarebyte (paid)... thanks for the info most of the software u mention i am already using or have used it b4.. thanks for the info.. have gr8t day..
If you are using real tme protection of MBAM then mention it in real time protection.

Reactions: oldschool

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
If you use Avast hardener mode you not need MBAM paid . If you want stronger protection use combo Avast + syshardener or Avast + OSArmor.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
This setup definitely need a backup solution, have a look at Macrium Reflect. Backups add security, circumvents around Ransomware infected systems, help you if you've accidentally deleted data r something, plus many other benefits.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.