Advice Request Maintenance solutions for External Hard Disk

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Decopi

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I have an external HDD with many partitions.
I want to use one of these partitions as an emergency bootable rescue disk, full of utilities, toolkits etc (for Windows 10).

Many of the "all in one" software out there (like Hiren), they work with USB sticks, cd/dvd etc. And I haven't found one that works in external HDD partitions.
Also, many of those "all in one" software seem to be old, abandoned, not updated etc.

So please, I'll appreciate any information related to updated "all in one" software, which also can work in external HDD partitions.

Thanks a lot in advance!

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
They do work with external HDD. But you're gonna need software like Easy2Boot, AIO Boot or Ventoy to create bootable rescue disk on external HDD. Traditional USB boot maker like Rufus won't cut it.
I made one using Easy2Boot a few years ago just to satisfy my curiosity but I always prefer using flash drive. It's better to have a smaller flash drive dedicated for this purpose because it's less cumbersome and you don't risk yourself of losing your precious data due to malware infection or technical issues.

Decopi

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
@redsworn thanks for your replay.
After Hiren's, nowadays, which "all in one" software is the best or more complete or more updated etc?

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
@redsworn thanks for your replay.
After Hiren's, nowadays, which "all in one" software is the best or more complete or more updated etc?
Most of these bootable rescue disk fall into grey area. Some even include pirated software. So I can't mention their name because I think it's against the rules here. Hiren's is an exception because it only includes free software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.