Major hardware update for the 27" iMac (August 2020)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Cupertino, California — Apple today announced a major update to its 27-inch iMac. By far the most powerful and capable iMac ever, it features faster Intel processors up to 10 cores, double the memory capacity, next-generation AMD graphics, superfast SSDs across the line with four times the storage capacity, a new nano-texture glass option for an even more stunning Retina 5K display, a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, higher fidelity speakers, and studio-quality mics. For the consumer using their iMac all day, every day, to the aspiring creative looking for inspiration, to the serious pro pushing the limits of their creativity, the new 27-inch iMac delivers the ultimate desktop experience that is now better in every way.

Prices start from 1799$/£

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
With its price in my country I can buy a car. I think if I sold my car I could even buy two... the simplest model, of course.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's not that expensive for what it's capable of doing, and its target audience. Final Cut Pro X is a fine example.

Obviously a Mac isn't for everyone. Such as those who only play video games, looks at Facebook from the desktop browser, or faffs with Windows Security & Privacy software all day.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.