Major issue with Adguard and nPlayer app remote page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
nPlayer is a iOS app that allows you to remotely transfer files over your wifi network. There a free version to test! I tried going to the remote transfer files page on nPlayer but it only works sometimes and when it does it gives server not connected errors a lot. This is with Adguard installed.

I ran a VM fresh install of Windows 10 with no applications installed and was able to get to the remote transfer files page on nPlayer ever time. Once I installed Adguard I could not.

How do I fix this major issue please so I can use nPlayer currently with Adguard open?

Can anyone else with a iOS device tell me if this is the case? I found a simpler way to determine if Adguard is conflicting. Exit it out. No VM required. Thanks. Remember there is a free version of nPlayer.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
He's using an iOS app on windows 10 ?
May be an issue on the porting process and nothing to do with AdGuard.

Reactions: Logethica

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
He's using an iOS app on windows 10 ?
May be an issue on the porting process and nothing to do with AdGuard.

No I have a iPad and iPhone and using nPlayer app on it. To transfer files to it I use my pc by enabling WiFi transfer in the nPlayer app. Adguard on windows blocks this page when on.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@ng4ever ..
IMO The problem is that the ad/track components of the nplayer IOS app are never going to be allowed by the Desktop version of Adguard.
I would uninstall Adguard Desktop, and try either the Adguard or uBlock Origin Browser extension...
Of the 2 I would choose uBlock Origin,because if a webpage is blocked it will tell you the specific filter that blocked it so you can either disable that filter or specifically whitelist the nplayer page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.