Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
*Note* As of January 14th-16th, this page is undergoing a massive change. This list now ONLY includes truly free software

This is a list of the absolute BEST, TOTALLY FREE programs for your computer. No worrying about sneaky toolbars, third party programs or wrappers. Send suggestions, comments or complaints about this list ti tim at majorgeeks.com. Enjoy!

All-In-One System Tools

• SUPERAntiSpyware
    SUPERAntispyware might not be as recognizable a name to you but don't let that stop you. SUPERAntiSpyware has saved me a few times when other programs have failed to detect or remove a problem.

Driver Updaters

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Can I ask some question?
What's the difference between CCleaner Slim and CCleaner?
And, Cyberfox and Waterfox, which is better in you option?
Thank you!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Can I ask some question?
What's the difference between CCleaner Slim and CCleaner?
And, Cyberfox and Waterfox, which is better in you option?
Thank you!
CCleaner Slim is CCleaner Standard but without toolbar in it's setup file.
About Cyberfox and Waterfox I cannot tell, 'cuz I use Chrome :)

StriderHunterX

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 10, 2015
....and me,acting all scared! You guys knew about the Christmas Giveaway....:p

Aside from the excellent Wise Care 365 Pro,they provided the community with AShampoo Burning Studio 2015,WonderFox Video Watermark Pro,DVD Ripper Speedy and Video Converter Factory Pro.

Love this site so much.Indispensable site for techies....

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Some good freeware in that list @BoraMurdar . I'm just not a fan of snake oil programs that mess with my registry and promise to clean up my PC and make it run faster. I'll clean my own PC. I won't name the snake oil programs freeware, but there are some on that list that won't get installed on my PC. However there are some good ones in that list also. I trust Major Geeks for down loads, but Tim is in the game to make money. Major Geeks is about the only site you can trust these days for freeware down loads. Most have PUP's. I hate PUP's
PS Still watching the sun set over the ocean Tim??;);)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is wonderful list with a rich variety of free software (apart from those donetao warns may be registry "snake oil"). Thank you for sharing your map to buried treasures, BoraMurdar! Perhaps "Tim" watches the sun set from a tropical island beach.:D

Reactions: frogboy

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@BoraMurdar . Major Geeks is about the only site you can trust these days for freeware down loads. Most have PUP's. I hate PUP's

Don't forget Softpedia. And it has a much bigger database than MajorGeeks, the biggest of all with 1.2 million softwares.

mrzdxNP.png

I'm just not a fan of snake oil programs that mess with my registry and promise to clean up my PC and make it run faster. I'll clean my own PC. I won't name the snake oil programs freeware, but there are some on that list that won't get installed on my PC.

Honestly the purpose of these cleaners is not to speed up the performance, although some might claim to do so. Deleting a few 50 to 100 keys among the 10,000's or more of the keys isn't going to give any performance advantage.

However if you are careless and one who installs/uninstall a boatload of programs on your PC then using the registry cleaners *could* help you. If you've installed something that plugs into Windows in some way or the other and doesn't work good and also doesn't uninstall properly, you might take a look at these RC's.

Simple advice is that, don't make registry cleaner as a part of your daily computer maintenance. Simply do it, if you find that when Windows is acting in really odd or undesirable ways. This might really help. Once a month might not hurt either, but most of all don't forget to backup your registry before you *sweep* it, any decent RC would do that anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.