Make your video test requests!

dicblue

Sep 8, 2022

Sorrento

Level 6
Dec 7, 2021
Looking forward with great interest to the Norton review - I'm trying Norton AV the most basic one without for me the unneeded VPN etc (for me that is) - Of course they want you to use all bells & whistles versions :eek:

Shadowra

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top poster
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Could you test the Chinese software?
Micopint wisdom Intelligent Defense Software Personal Edition (free)
Downloa daddress:

Software homepage:
Looking forward with great interest to the Norton review - I'm trying Norton AV the most basic one without for me the unneeded VPN etc (for me that is) - Of course they want you to use all bells & whistles versions :eek:

Norton and Micropoint should arrive after Iobit and HitmanProAlert.

Micropoint I don't know at all so it will be a discovery :)

For the big comparison I was offered, I have to take 2/3 days of shooting so not before October.

roger_m

Level 37
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Could you test the Chinese software?
Micopint wisdom Intelligent Defense Software Personal Edition (free)
Downloa daddress:

Software homepage:
I've tested this multiple times, most recently being late last year and it is terrible at detecting malware. I just tried it again and it still fails miserably. I didn't let it complete a scan this time, as I saw how badly it was doing. The first time I tested it, I did a static scan of a folder with over 16,000 older malware samples and it only detected 1,147. When I tested it a year later, I got the exact same result, despite it supposedly being able to upload unknown samples to the cloud for testing.

I think it would be a waste of time for @Shadowra to test it.

The free beta version of Antiy Antivirus, would be a much better product to test in my opinion. However, since it's only in Chinese, it may not be worth testing.