Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
kasperky total Security 2019
Malwarebytes premiun 3.7.1
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
malwarebytes and kaspersky Configured for scans every 4 days.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Use firefox, estensiones: calculator, convert2mp3.net online video converter, dark reader, decentraleyes, domwload manager (s3), enhancer for youtube, firefox multi- acount containers, forecastfox, fvd speed dial, google shortcuts, idm integration module, kaspersky protection , MySessions, open in chrome, s3.translator, screengrab, skip redirect, tab mix-links, ublock origin, Unseen for facebook, utorrent easy client,
Maintenance tools
Wise disk Cleaner
Privazer
File and Photo backup
Aomei backupper estandard,
System recovery
I do not have
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
motherboard: ASUS
Cpu: 8700k
GPU: 1080ti
RAm: 32gb ddr4 3200mhZ
STORage: evo 960 m.2 250 gb, 5tb seagate (1 disc of 2tb and another of 3 tb)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
You have all 4 layers covered:
  • Firewall: Kaspersky
  • Realtime & other: Kaspersky & MBAM Premium
  • Backup: Aomei
  • Web browser: uBlock Origin

My advice:
  • Add Scriptsafe to web browser
  • Remove some unneeded extension which you don't need or use
  • Calculator may not needed as an extension as you have one within Windows itself
  • Kaspersky has very strong protection, MBAM Premium isn't needed

~LDogg

Malwalero

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 23, 2016
Consider changing User Account Control from default to always notify and those Firefox extensions, damn... That's way too many.
Thanks for your reply. I deactivate them for security or because I would have some security hole in the browser?

Why scan every 4 days? Shouldn't be necessary with good realtime protection. I would consider dropping Malwarebytes from realtime protection. Kaspersky Total Security should be enough.
Thanks for your reply. to the scans to be sure there was no intrusion, but change the scans every month .. malwarebytes does not slow down my system or can there be any conflict with the KTS?

Hello @Malwalero , I would add ZAM Free to your config for Virus and Malware Removal tools.

Thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for your reply. Yes, download it.

I suggest a backup program, I recommend Macrium Reflect free or AOMEI Backupper free. :giggle:
Thanks for your reply. if I have the AOMEI. :)

Thanks for your reply. I will also try it.

You have all 4 layers covered:
  • Firewall: Kaspersky
  • Realtime & other: Kaspersky & MBAM Premium
  • Backup: Aomei
  • Web browser: uBlock Origin
My advice:
  • Add to web browser
  • Remove some unneeded extension which you don't need or use
  • Calculator may not needed as an extension as you have one within Windows itself
  • Kaspersky has very strong protection, MBAM Premium isn't needed
~LDogg

Thank you for responding, I will follow your advice.
Do I need to deactivate MBAM? is that I have the premium account for life.

Overkill with both KTS and MBAM premium. I would use MBAM to on demand scannings only. You dont need the extra real time protection when you have Kaspersky. Otherwise great config. Thanks for sharing it.

thanks for answering, just did not want to deactivate the MBAM but they agree that it is necessary to deactivate it :(

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Malwalero:
  • If You have well tweaked KIS, You don't need MBW3 Premium resident protection (even it may cause some issues), I would keep it as on demand scanner.
  • You are using AOMEI for Data BackUp, but consider to use it also for Image System BackUp.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free & and HitManPro Free.
  • Some many extensions in FireFox...
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, hanks for sharing :giggle:

Malwalero

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 23, 2016
If it doesn't bother you there is no real need to deactivate MBAM.... Just that it isn't necessary when running KIS. If you want it keep it.
It's your config.

ok, I'll think for a few days to see if I deactivate it ... thank you very much for the advice.
Based off this it's down to you if you'd like to remove MBAM then.

~LDogg

well, I'll think about it. thank you.

@Malwalero:
  • If You have well tweaked KIS, You don't need MBW3 Premium resident protection (even it may cause some issues), I would keep it as on demand scanner.
  • You are using AOMEI for Data BackUp, but consider to use it also for Image System BackUp.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free & and HitManPro Free.
  • Some many extensions in FireFox...
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, hanks for sharing :giggle:
Thanks Harlan4096. I will install ZAM Free and HitmanPRO FRee
I will follow the rest of your advice ..
You always give good advice, I know it from the Kasperky forum.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.