Malware.Heuristic.1003 zip questions

Beautysky

Thread author
Nov 10, 2022
I found a Malware. Heuristic. 1003 zip file in my iPhone files app. I did post it on totalvirus site but I haven’t received any responses yet. it was first seen 8/2021. How do I safely remove it? And is there a way to remove it without the “hacker” knowing it was removed?

Reactions: BryanB

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I found a Malware. Heuristic. 1003 zip file in my iPhone files app. I did post it on totalvirus site but I haven’t received any responses yet. it was first seen 8/2021. How do I safely remove it? And is there a way to remove it without the “hacker” knowing it was removed?
If it's just a file then you can delete it, however, you suspect a hacker so my advice would be to reset your iPhone to its factory settings. Change passwords and monitor your accounts.

Reactions: BryanB

Beautysky

Thread author
Nov 10, 2022
If it's just a file then you can delete it, however, you suspect a hacker so my advice would be to reset your iPhone to its factory settings. Change passwords and monitor your accounts.
Is there a way to trance it to an IP address or anything? Another random question: under another file in my iPhone files, there is an added user but only shows the 21 digit GAIA number. How can I see who it belongs to?