Malware Proton 63

Infected operating system
Mac OS Catalina
Infected device issues
Malware detected after virus scan (Zap prog)
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Other (specify in thread)

DorianBatt

Thread author
Jan 4, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm in trouble with my iMac 2013.
I find a Osx.Malware.Proton-63 in my computer even after that I reinstalled all the Catalina OS from scratch (and erase the previous partition/version, via internet recovery mode). See the attached picture for the detail of the file location.

The most suprising things are:
1) I find it immediatly after launching OS for the first time after its fresh installation.
2) I also find the same folder/file on my MacBook Pro, but my scanner does not consider it as a malware.

Do you know if the one detected on my iMac is really a malware? If so, do you have suggestion to remove the file? Cause it's locked, and I failed to erase it even manually.

Thank you very much,
Best,
Dorian

Attachments

• Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 01.20.47-min.png
    Schermata 2022-01-04 alle 01.20.47-min.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 166

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.