Not open for further replies.

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_03_02_01h08m44s_001_Malwareby.jpg

Below is the list of changes.
  • Several notifications removed based on user feedback so that there are now fewer pop-ups
  • Amount of system RAM used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium/Trial significantly reduced
  • Memory leak in scans fixed
  • Memory leak in database updates fixed
  • Scan speed improved drastically on some systems where scans were very slow in previous betas
  • Browsing speed now faster when Malicious Website Protection is enabled than in previous betas on some systems
  • Multiple items may now be selected in Quarantine for deleting or restoring at once
  • Several issues with limited user accounts fixed
  • Scans now run as expected under limited user accounts (it is still highly recommended that users scan regularly from an administrative user account in order to detect and remove all threats from the system)
  • Malware Exclusions and Web Exclusions are now retained when upgrading from one version of 2.0 to another
  • "Help" button in About tab now opens Malwarebytes Support webpage
  • MBAMService no longer crashes when upgrading from version 1.75 PRO or trial
  • Protection is no longer disabled after upgrading from previous 2.0 versions
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware no longer crashes under some circumstances after updates
  • Legal text removed from About tab
  • Antirootkit Database and Malware Database versions now identified separately in scan logs
  • Scan logs now contain more information about protection and license status
  • Scan logs now list status of Chameleon self-protection
  • Scan logs now show accurate information about license type and user account type
  • Scan logs list additional information about detections
  • Protection logs now show more information about items detected by Malware Protection
  • Database Out of Date notifications now contain an "Update Now" button
  • New EULA included with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Tray icon changes to reflect status of the software and protection
  • MBAMScheduler no longer runs on startup when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is configured not to start with Windows
  • Updating through a proxy when configured via the Update Settings tab now functions correctly
  • Chameleon updated to deal with the latest rogue/fake AV malware
  • Quarantined items now display immediately after being quarantined
  • Users are now prompted to decide what to do when Malware Protection detects PUP items when PUP is set to "Warn user about detections"
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware no longer becomes unresponsive when computer wakes from sleep
  • Crash in MBAMService fixed
  • Updates can no longer cause the program to report that the database is missing or corrupt
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 now accepts Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.x license keys
  • Using "Copy to Clipboard" or "Export Log" at the end of a scan no longer results in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware crashing or showing blank logs
  • System crash/BSOD caused by antirootkit driver under some circumstances fixed
  • Issue where some parts of the UI were not being translated as reported by translators now fixed (non-English languages will be available soon!)
  • Limited users are no longer warned that they might be infected because antirootkit driver cannot load under limited user accounts
We have now disabled the previous beta test key, however you may now use your existing 1.x license keys with this version or you may use the trial.

To download the latest version, please click CHECK FOR UPDATES in the application. We would love if most of you upgraded this way to test the upgrade path. If you would like to install it for the first time, you may download it here.

If the upgrade is successful, you'll see version 2.00.0.504 in your title bar and under the Settings->About tab.

Source - https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=143152
Download Link - http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v2/mbam/consumer/data/mbam-setup-2.0.0.504.exe

Edit: Updated all the data from the Malwarebytes forum.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Is this the stable release version of MBAM 2.0 or it's still a BETA/RC build?

Last edited:
Reactions: Malware1 and sid_16

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I think its still in beta. But for some reason the beta key isn't working for some. I'll test and update soon.
On their site they are still giving the 1.75 version, even so they must be close to the final release. I really like the new interface is so much better. Now MBAM looks like it can protect a computer by itself. :p

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I think it is still BETA-
OOPS!

The MBAM 2.00 team would prefer that all issues/problems with 2.00 beta be reported in a special section of the forum >>HERE<<.

(The mod team will probably move this post to that section.)

Having said that, it seems that others are also reporting the same issue >>HERE<<.

So you might want to follow that post, as well.

Other than that, we'll need to wait for the staff/devs to reply about the password issue.

EDIT: It appears that .504 may be an RTM/release version that requires use of one's previous, paid MBAM PRO consumer license ID & key for version 1.xx, not the temporary beta key.

So, you might want to try to activate beta .504 with your paid ID/key from version 1.xx and see if that works?

Thanks!

daledoc1

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
On their site they are still giving the 1.75 version, even so they must be close to the final release. I really like the new interface is so much better. Now MBAM looks like it can protect a computer by itself. :p
lol... yea MBAM looks way better now. btw I think its the RC build. I've activated it with my v1 key.
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_02_27_18h59m45s_001_Malwareby.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Malware1 and Jack

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Source please. Only one person has published this before as you.
Why ask for a source when you posted it on another forum with the same screenshot as above and the same download link provided by Myna?

Scan results for mbam-setup-2.00.0.0504.exe provided by Myna

mbam-setup-2.00.0.0504.exe VirusTotal Results

100% Clean MBAM 1.75.0.1300 & Emsisoft Antimalware

It appears to be either an RTM or out of beta stable release,from what I can gather on their forums

I downloaded 2.00.0.504 and installed it right over the top of 1.75 Pro and had no problems.Activated automatically on install and did not have to enter my 1.75 key

2r47u5s.png

Last edited:
I

illumination

Im impressed with it so far. My girlfriends laptop, is an older single core, not much power, it has ESS on it, and placed this along side ESS, can not even feel it is there...

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Memory usage is down to about 30 megs, and scan times are much faster!

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00.0.504 Beta Below is the list of changes.

Several notifications removed based on user feedback so that there are now fewer pop-ups
Amount of system RAM used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium/Trial significantly reduced
Memory leak in scans fixed
Memory leak in database updates fixed
Scan speed improved drastically on some systems where scans were very slow in previous betas
Browsing speed now faster when Malicious Website Protection is enabled than in previous betas on some systems
Multiple items may now be selected in Quarantine for deleting or restoring at once
Several issues with limited user accounts fixed
Scans now run as expected under limited user accounts (it is still highly recommended that users scan regularly from an administrative user account in order to detect and remove all threats from the system)
Malware Exclusions and Web Exclusions are now retained when upgrading from one version of 2.0 to another
"Help" button in About tab now opens Malwarebytes Support webpage
MBAMService no longer crashes when upgrading from version 1.75 PRO or trial
Protection is no longer disabled after upgrading from previous 2.0 versions
MBAM no longer crashes under some circumstances after updates
Legal text removed from About tab
Antirootkit Database and Malware Database versions now identified separately in scan logs
Scan logs now contain more information about protection and license status
Scan logs now list status of Chameleon self-protection
Scan logs now show accurate information about license type and user account type
Scan logs list additional information about detections
Protection logs now show more information about items detected by Malware Protection
Database Out of Date notifications now contain an "Update Now" button
New EULA included with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Tray icon changes to reflect status of the software and protection
MBAMScheduler no longer runs on startup when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is configured not to start with Windows
Updating through a proxy when configured via the Update Settings tab now functions correctly
Chameleon updated to deal with the latest rogue/fake AV malware
Quarantined items now display immediately after being quarantined
Users are now prompted to decide what to do when Malware Protection detects PUP items when PUP is set to "Warn user about detections"
MBAM no longer becomes unresponsive when computer wakes from sleep
Crash in MBAMService fixed
Updates can no longer cause the program to report that the database is missing or corrupt
MBAM 2.0 now accepts MBAM 1.x license keys
Using "Copy to Clipboard" or "Export Log" at the end of a scan no longer results in MBAM crashing or showing blank logs
System crash/BSOD caused by antirootkit driver under some circumstances fixed
Issue where some parts of the UI were not being translated as reported by translators now fixed (non-English languages will be available soon!)
Limited users are no longer warned that they might be infected because antirootkit driver cannot load under limited user accounts

We have now disabled the previous beta test key, however you may now use your existing 1.x license keys with this version or you may use the trial.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=143152

:)

James

D

Deleted member 2913

I think they should have a portable version for the free one.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
it still uses 200+ MB ram on my machine, so the memory usage reduction that is highlighted in the changelog does not apply.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I've got the premium version using my earlier version key but I'm seeing an annoying blue bar at the bottom of the interface,
How can I get rid of this?Is there a setting somewhere?:confused:
Thanks!!:)
wk-xlmjfeuskfdnhvwltenn.jpg

Below is the bar I'm talking about:
fu-rwuaipyiyozrjlerzwdl.jpg

Reactions: Koroke San

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Maybe they will remove this in the final release but I have it only when scanning though so maybe they figure you want to read something while your scanning :D Maybe it will end up on the free version only.If it stays just where its at only in scanning I can deal with it.I like the new look but that did kind of kill it for me

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Maybe they will remove this in the final release but I have it only when scanning though so maybe they figure you want to read something while your scanning :D Maybe it will end up on the free version only.If it stays just where its at only in scanning I can deal with it.I like the new look but that did kind of kill it for me

Thanks for the reply!:)

Same here, I like the new interface, but that "blue bar" is actually an eyesore:mad:

While I'm scanning I'm reading the wonderfull posts here on MalwareTips!!!:D;)

Cheers!!

Reactions: Malware1
I

illumination

I like how in version 1.75 you can disable real time protection to use it as a on demand, and the main UI is not affected by this, like it is in this newer version, where it lights up the red bar across the UI telling you that you need to "fix it".. Not so sure im digging this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.