Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free scores 100% in AV-TEST removal test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Why would the Kaspersky Removal Tool score higher than the Internet Suite package of Kaspersky ?
This is weird. I thought that if you have a technology to make a product on the side, might as well offer that same technology in a package you're offering (paid package).

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
T
So I guess MBAM paid off AV-Test? I guess this is also inaccurate info and just marketing?

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/news/...ware-free-scores-100-in-av-test-removal-test/

They also recently won best repair award for 2014

http://www.av-test.org/en/test-procedures/award/av-test-award-2014/
It seems to be a popular "fad" at the moment in advertising 100% scores, which in the real world is unachievable!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Good marketing on the part of MBAM,although in all fairness it is a decent product!;)

Reactions: Koroke San
D

Deleted member 178

Heard that MBAM has a new marketing team, it is why we suddenly heard a lot of reviews and tests of it.

LABView707

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Other members would claim that they paid off AV-Test to get such a high score. Where did you get this new marketing team info from?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Nothing is 100% so these tests are pretty inaccurate.

This is my opinion.

Reactions: MikeV

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Nothing is 100% so these tests are pretty inaccurate.

This is my opinion.

What about the Antiviruses that detects and delete X on X malware from the malware packs ?
Isn't that 100% ? But what you say is true. Would be nice to know how the products were tested, against which malwares, how did they react to each malware, etc.

Reactions: Oxygen
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.