Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
viw22qjwbh.jpg

Buy for Business, Not for Home
My rating of "good" for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium 2.0 is an average, stuck in the middle between excellent malware cleanup and poor malware blocking. Businesses who buy it should consider teaming it with a more effective real-time solution such as Editors' Choice AVG AntiVirus FREE 2014. For personal use, stick with the free edition.

Full Article

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Malewarebytes is an addition to AV's not in competition so saying it's real time and url blocking not as effective as competing products is misleading, what are these comparable products?

Reactions: Venustus

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I can see that webroot is better than ESET, is that really true? I know that webroot is lighter than ESET, but how good is it in protection wise? This question always arises to me.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I can see that webroot is better than ESET, is that really true? I know that webroot is lighter than ESET, but how good is it in protection wise? This question always arises to me.
ESET is far better then WSA. Don't change ur mind when u see a blah blah AV is perform better then a blah blah AV in AV test. Untill u not try urself & test urself u can't tell exactly which is better suitable for u. I suggest u to watch malware testing review of some trusted peeps in yt - MyITtech - Technology Services & Education, MalwareDoctor
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
, The PC Security Channel, winsevenholic etc..

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Trust no one , not even you :D
*laughing*:p :eek:..takes breath... to lol some more..:D:D
The one problem that arises for me by 'Trust(-ing) no one, not even (me)' is an endless loop that develops:p:mad:o_O:oops: after which :eek:I don't know what to believe...and I don't even believe me!:D:D Can you believe that?:p:D:D:p LOL!!!!:D:D::D*catches breath*:rolleyes:
I guess I'll just believe Umbra,o_O ..it's easier that way!;);)

Last edited:

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
In terms of lightness and speed, Webroot is the winner against ESET. Though of course ESET itself is light and fast.

In terms of detection, ESET is the winner... landslide.

In terms of proactive protection, I think ESET again wins this one.

But, Webroot has the great rollback feature - it can 'undo' all damages done by the malware, once the activity is detected as malicious on the cloud. Yet, I doubt its rollback feature - if the damage is so severe, i really doubt webroot's capacity to bring back the critical system files back to normal. If I am wrong, please correct me on this. Thanks.

Overall - I would choose ESET. But, if your want to sacrifice some measure of protection for performance, choose webroot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.