MBAM Premium -- turn on active protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Should I turn on the active protection?
How does it impact the system's speed and responsiveness? (I don't care about the increased ram usage, I have enough ram)
I am running windows 10 pro x64 with Windows Defender+MBAE+MBAR+Avira Browser Safety

L

LabZero

Sure you can enable real time protection, as mentioned above the impact is minimal and it does not overlap with other security apps.

Reactions: frogboy
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

defender and mbae in realtime is more than enough use it as a secondary scanner , but also use zemana antimalware and eek as secondary scanners , because mbam does not detect everything.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is meant to be used WITH another standalone security product as it doesn't scan things that your Anti-Virus should get e.g: It will only scan .zip files after they have been extracted and your security should've caught it by then. You should use Real-Time Protection, Malwarebytes is not bulletproof but combined with a standalone Anti-Virus and a Firewall it is certainly strong :)

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is meant to be used WITH another standalone security product as it doesn't scan things that your Anti-Virus should get e.g: It will only scan .zip files after they have been extracted and your security should've caught it by then. You should use Real-Time Protection, Malwarebytes is not bulletproof but combined with a standalone Anti-Virus and a Firewall it is certainly strong :)
right. I have windows defender and MBAE in real-time, and windows firewall. I use an ad-blocker and I am not click-crazy, so I would think that's enough. If I have any suspicions, I just restore my system with Macrium Reflect.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If I turn on the MBAM website protection, and I use chrome, do I still need Avira Browser Safety?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
No you dont shmu26
MBAM w/website is enough

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There is nothing wrong to turn it on, remember that MBAM mainly focus on latest threats and not those widely variety of samples that a common AV usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.