SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Chrome flag below would only have allowed the first active HTTPS link, so provided a malware protection rate of 6 out of 7

View attachment 207677
Actually pretty smart and didn't know it. Thanks. You might want to make a post somewhere about new flags. I think this is new as i haven't seen it before. Is it only exe that it covers if you know?

Reactions: Weebarra

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Im only using malwarebytes extension on firefox, it has fairly agressive heurestics wich makes it good in overall ( some false postives but doesnt really matter) Pair it with netcraft and perfecto

but if you have av with decent webfilter, you dont really need this. but i find it better than other extensions just because of adware/pup protection it has

Windows_Security

Level 23
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Actually pretty smart and didn't know it. Thanks. You might want to make a post somewhere about new flags. I think this is new as i haven't seen it before. Is it only exe that it covers if you know?
On Linux-lite it also blocks deb downloads, so I guess it covers all executable's.

According to my hosting company half of the websites are HTTPS now, with malware having a less than 10% share, simular to sigend softwar. So signed software (allow UAC to elevate only signed programs) and HHTPS (using Chrome flag to block executable downloads from unsafe) are by no means a guarantee for safe software, but nobody can deny that it reduce the attack surface substantially.