Hello, I am trying the MBAM and the comodo firewall and the mbam service uses a lot of memory. Is compatibility problem? If someone knows a solution very grateful in advance.
Greetings.

Terry Ganzi

Level 24
Verified
I personally don't like the new Malwarebytes but he is protected isn't that the whole point where it fails comodo will cover it's
that simple, once he have cfw configured correct.:)

pablozi

Level 22
Verified
Malwarebytes is heavy. It always was and probably will always be.
You can get rid of MBAM and rely on CFW only as Malwarebytes has nothing to do there (except for consuming your machine resources :D) or if you really need some extra layer of protection you can go ZAM/ZAL or wait for Zemana Ultimate or stable version of HMP.A with realtime anti-malware engine.
Anyway with right configured CFW you're good to go.

Malwarebytes is only average with malware, it is better suited for PUP's. It is as stated, not necessary with CFW, which contains Kill Switch and CCE.

If you require further opinions of your system state, zemana anti malware free or emsisoft emergency kit , or hitman pro would do nicely. The first two choices being free.

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
If you very like Malwarebytes you can just use the free versione like on demand scanner, not need to use it in real time with CF, just use CF alone.

DJ Panda

Level 29
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Although MB is heavy, I wouldn't stand 100 miles to Comodo Firewall, its buggy and slow and if u want a practically unusable computer you can try it... If both are too heavy just use a Free AV or Anti Exe like Avast or Voodooshield.

Although MB is heavy, I wouldn't stand 100 miles to Comodo Firewall, its buggy and slow and if u want a practically unusable computer you can try it... If both are too heavy just use a Free AV or Anti Exe like Avast or Voodooshield.
+1
0 usability, full of bugs and false sense of security since software doesn't run well in the sandbox you will run it manually outside (trusting it), so at the end the sandbox is a lie and you will end up using it as an antiexe.

Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Disable all of Comodo Features (AV, FW, SB, HIPS) and see if the problem still occur. If so, then it is not a compatibility problem

askalan

Level 13
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Arch Linux
Antivirus
If you love Malwarebytes Anti-Malware then you will love Zemana Anti Malware.
Use this link: Clean your computer in minutes with Zemana AntiMalware, no matter how badly infected!
Activate this product with the free and legal promotion code: ZAM_PCPRO
Activate in the settings the Pandora Cloud and for better security also the option that you can only run signed files (in advanced or so). Please post the consuption of Zemana in the thread.

brod56

Level 13
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
+1
0 usability, full of bugs and false sense of security since software doesn't run well in the sandbox you will run it manually outside (trusting it), so at the end the sandbox is a lie and you will end up using it as an antiexe.
I agree to some point. People need to be very cautious to use Comodo Firewall correctly, while using Voodooshield or an average AV it is much simpler.