Malwarebytes Launches on the Mac With Acquisition of AdwareMedic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
One of the biggest request from customers has been a version of Malwarebytes for the Mac. As of today, I'm happy to say that has officially changed with the announcement of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac!

While we firmly believe that the threat landscape for Mac is not as mature as it is for Windows, there are still significant issues around the operating system. One prime example is the evolution of adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) which Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac detects and removes extremely well.

I wanted to take a moment to introduce Thomas Reed, our new Director of Mac Offerings. We acquired Thomas' product called AdwareMedic and his blog The Safe Mac because we truly believed that his product was the best in the market. Thomas will lead us through the same battle on the Mac that we've been fighting on Windows for 7 years now. A post from him will follow mine.

For the time being, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac is only a removal tool. It will scan for, and remove adware, PUPs, and various types of malware, and it will do it all for free if you're a home user. If you're a business user, just fill out a form here and we'll let you know when we have a business version.

I'm very excited to have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac join our portfolio of products and to have Thomas on the team
smile.png

Reactions: FireShootSK
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.