Advice Request Malwarebytes lifetime license - Can I use it on more than 1 PC?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Hello

I have a lifetime Malwarebytes license and have only had it on my computer. My sister was just hit whie on Facebook by a security warning so I looked at it and had to do a hard shut down in Vista.
My question is, how many devices is a license good for? I was thinking two? If so I would install my second license on her computer. She had a very old expired version of Norton and nothing else.

Thanks

You should look into your license terms. I have seen also lifetime licenses for 3 PC. I might have one of these i will be checking.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Otherwise your license count will increase and result in your license being blocked. If that happens due to a situation in which you couldn't deactivate your license (failed drive, stolen PC...) the folks at MB will reset your license if you show proof of ownership (and that is near impossible to do if you didn't purchase through MB).

Similar system as ESET. I've counted around 3 or 4 activations (not simultaneously) until it gets blocked and you need support to reset it.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017

You can deactivate from within the app (see the Deactivate License button).

34a.png

But if you can't... your link is good only for licenses purchased through MB.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I don't want to deactivate my lic but I just remembered I had bought two lifetime at the same time but think I only kept lic info for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.