Battle Malwarebytes Premium v. Zemana AntiMalware Premium

MRM3601

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 12, 2013
Hello.

I'm using the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security, MAB Premium and Zemana AntiMalware Premium.
Does it make sense to use both of the last two?

Thank you.

Reactions: Dirk41

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello.

I'm using the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security, MAB Premium and Zemana AntiMalware Premium.
Does it make sense to use both of the last two?

Thank you.
KIS 2017 with slightly tweaked settings should be sufficient enough. I rather add voodooshield free in autopilot mode or cyrstal security portable free to the system
MBAM & zemana are paid.
MBAM is not so good nowadays so zemana is virtually the only choice for me beween these 2. However, I just uninstalled zemana antilogger premium because of battery drain and it has a very poor result in realtime protection in a video review posted yesterday, may be due to a bug

You can add voodooshield or crystal, NVT ERP free or just leave KIS alone
or you can use zemana

Last edited:

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
No, 3 are too many.
Tune-up Kaspersky, check your router if it was standard useless password (e.g"password"), if yes, change it, update the router firmware.

Zemana can add another layer of protection since it has very good detections. I'm not sure how effective the realtime+pandora features are.

Edit: just found this test. ..
Video Review - Dynamic test of Zemana Anti-Malware Real-Time

Voodooshield is a great program that adds a "thick" layer of additional protection.

Last edited:
O

Omnipotent

Hello, I would highly advise you to disable one of the two since Malwarebytes & Zemana running both together will result in conflicts and could leave your PC even more vulnerable. Kaspersky is a great antivirus, very high detection rate etc, so there's really no need for MBAM or Zemana. However if you feel like you would like some extra protection against malware then i would go with Zemana since it has a higher detection rate and can also protect you from Ransomware & Zero Day Malware. With that being said, set Zemana Premium to real-time mode and use MBAM as a on-demand scanner. Also if you happen to come across the rare occurrence of getting infected with Kaspersky then i would add Hitman Pro, HerdProtect, ESET Online Scanner & Emsisoft Emergency Kit as on-demand scanners to remove an already infected system.

EDIT: Here's a comparison between MBAM, ZAM and HitmanPro, posted 7 months ago. MBAM got the lowest score.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Personally I feel that Zemana has better protection compared to Malwarebytes however recently it would seem that zemana's detection is also dropping (from viewing the malwarehub). It seems that hitmanpro has a better detection ratio now because of the engines that it uses but since you already use kaspersky, I would say go for Zemana over malwarebytes because overall zemana still has a better detection than malwarebytes in terms of real threats. But when it comes to PUPs malwarebytes seems to take the cake for it, so if you have the space keep malwarebytes on as a second opinion scanner just to scan your computer for PUPs (definitely disable the real time protection as running 3 shields at 1 go definitely slows down your computer)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I wouldn't say Malwarebytes is a terrible program rather its quality has diminished. If you do remove Malwarebytes remember to deactivate your license so it may be used later on. If you're patient enough another Zemana giveaway should happen. What ever you do you should be fine as long as you practice basic security habits. :)

Reactions: Dirk41

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Since you have KIS, I would suggest to drop the real-time feature on both Anti-Malware. That means you can run both ZAM and MBAM for free.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Go to such expansion of detection where Zemana AM have superior compare to MBAM.

However they play differently because of scope in detection.

Honestly the tweak of KIS should be enoguh to the needs.

Reactions: Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.