MalwareTips Logo 2017 Explained

Jack

Administrator
MalwareTips Staff
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
As you may have noticed we've got a new logo. It's simple, modern and should be easy to recognize.

Clipboard03.png

For those interested, here is how we've thought of this logo:

We've hidden the M inside the whole logo, so the middle part of the M looks like an arrow pointing down. In this concept, it should suggest "taking down malware". That's why we've put more attention to the M because we want this letter to be first letter that our audience sees, and that would also make this logo will be read as MT (instead of TM).

While at first our guests may not be able to see MT correctly, they still be able to see that M is dominant and its representing by that middle arrow facing down. And they may ask themselves.. "What does that mean?", however when they will see the title "MalwareTips" next to it, they should say: "Ooooh, wait! Those are the letters M and T!". Of course, we've also used a new font for the MalwareTips text.

For the colors, while we have a lot of variants for the logo, we've decided to go with the classic blue and white as those are the colors that were in our original logo.

That's about it, and I'm sure that over time we will add some new elements to our new logo, however we'll keep the basic concept.

PS. Thanks to @SHvFl for helping with a few ideas!

Parsh

Level 24
Trusted
AV-Tester
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
It looks very classy and non-distracting on different screens even though it has a little shine.
I liked the other orange-blue color implementation for the homepage too, that was also quite convincing (orangish color => taking down malware to be protected? ;))

I have a small suggestion about the text part
Screenshot (1547).png

Screenshot (1548).png

Though the aspect ratio of the old site header & font was different than the new one, the font style of the new logo's text has lesser width. Due to the small size of the text in the new logo, it appears to be a little over-compressed (when viewing the visible part of the page on Desktop) and hard to read the Tagline at default zoom of 100%.
I think slightly increasing the size of the Logo & the text part proportionally OR extending the height of the text beyond the height of the "M" may provide an idea if it can be changed for better.

Jack

Administrator
MalwareTips Staff
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Thanks for the suggestions @Parsh and @SHvFl! We've used another shade of blue, now it should fit better.

@spaceoctopus I've tried a lot of color combinations, however I've gotten so used with the blue that it's hard to change the color. Since we've started (Dec 2010) we always used blue, black and white so I'm trying to stick with that. : )

Here are just a few variants of colors that we've tried:
logo2.png logo4.png logo8.png logo10.png logo11.png logo20.png

Anyway the colors aren't that important as they can change, we've got a direction set for our logo and that was the main priority!

SHvFl

Level 32
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Thanks for the suggestions @Parsh and @SHvFl! We've used another shade of blue, now it should fit better.

@spaceoctopus I've tried a lot of color combinations, however I've gotten so used with the blue that it's hard to change the color. Since we've started (Dec 2010) we always used blue, black and white so I'm trying to stick with that. : )

View attachment 157617 View attachment 157619 View attachment 157623 View attachment 157625 View attachment 157626 View attachment 157627

Anyway the colors aren't that important as they can change, we've got a direction set for our logo and that was the main priority!
Yep. It looks closer to what i imagined i think. As soon as my eyes adjust to the change i will be sure. Good work again.

EDIT:Yep way better.

Last edited:
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET

View attachment 157617 View attachment 157619 View attachment 157623 View attachment 157625 View attachment 157626 View attachment 157627

I can understand, it's like an identity;) Best to keep it like it is.The other colors are fine, but personally, they don't come close to the original one.:)

The logo design also gives the impression of something heavy and robust,like a shield. For example,a color like yellow will not be the best. The original blue mixture fits well.

Last edited: