Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Used by many of our members, the MalwareTips Midnight theme is the dark version of our default style. In this thread you can leave feedback for this theme. What you like, what you dislike and what we can improve.

If you're not actively using the "Midnight" layout please skip this thread. Thank you!

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I like the way the top of the main page is organized now, it combines and simplifies. Looks good in midnight as is. Please don't change, at least for now.
+1

Well thats black :/ i think it would be better if you replace Black with Dark Gray? like this i mean the background

Are you using this theme or one of the others?

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Well thats black :/ i think it would be better if you replace Black with Dark Gray? like this i mean the background

Hey @CyberTech,
Thank you for the feedback! I've tried to switch the dark black with a grey variant for the backgrounds however a lot of members complained that they didn't like the change and preferred the more dark backgrounds. It wouldn't be very hard to change this, however it really depends on what the majority wants.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Hey @CyberTech,
Thank you for the feedback! I've tried to switch the dark black with a grey variant for the backgrounds however a lot of members complained that they didn't like the change and preferred the more dark backgrounds. It wouldn't be very hard to change this, however it really depends on what the majority wants.

Ah damn it man! i stay with MT Rogue i really like it and very simple tbh :) thanks for replying....

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
For the dark theme, I'll use the same wave effect as we have on the default theme, however the color will be orange. Here is a mock-up that I've done.... That's the orange that will be used, however it won't got as deep as in the screenshot, it will be just a simple orange wave.
2.jpg
Screenshot above was first posted in the Trusted Members forum and was meant as a joke. : P

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
One thing I've noticed about the existing Midnight theme is that unread posts are not displayed as highlighted (or in a brighter color) when viewing "What's New". Hopefully this will be addressed in the new version to be consistent in this respect with the other themes. TIA!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

The Midnight theme is great. Just some feedback

I'm using Dark Reader for FF. As comparison they don't use Red as background color with Black lettering for the contrast is not there. They are using a lighter Red (I think so) as background color to contrast against the Black lettering

Can have the Wave combine with the Midnight would be great. The wave on my FF is white with light grey streaks and Black letterings

Thanks

Reactions: CyberTech and Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.