Mamutu (BB) + Comodo (HIPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
There is a test done by a member of wilders, using Mamutu (a Behavior Blocker) in combination with Comodo and its HIPS.

Link: http://forum.notebookreview.com/security-anti-virus-software/594754-testing-mamutu.html

i suggest if the forum may have a Combo Room, where we can discuss about compatibility & efficiency of various solutions.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hehe, it was very useful, i test both of them together and felt no conflicts too. I understand now when you sign up on this forum, your name tilted in my head :D

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Mhm. I found this forum by searching for "Comodo mamutu" to try to find another unrelated topic.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Mamutu stand alone results:

Successful infections: 2
UAC Blocked: 2
Mamutu Blocked: 11

So mamutu blocked 11/13 malicious files that managed to run without admin.

Even if it didn't manage to block everything ,this is a good result for a behavior blocker...... It would be interesting to see how ThreatFire will perform against this threats ... My bet 10/15 :shy:

The number of times Comodo sandboxed and then cleaned malware - 13.

D+ is invisible.What this is...is CIS as user friendly as can be :p . And this is also why Online Armor should improve their Run Safer option and enable it by default.

Overall this is a good combo ... @Hungry Man : How is the resource usage?Any major slow down?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Jack said:
And this is also why Online Armor should improve their Run Safer option and enable it by default.

Just tick one box in OA Program panel options and all unknown processes are runsafer by default.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
No slowdowns at all. Mamutu and Comodo are two of the lightest programs I've found, which is why I use them. They both use very little RAM, CPU and Disk IO and the combined processes of them will still use fewer resources than a typical antivirus.

Mamutu performed very well. I think it complements Comodo perfectly.

EDIT: I also realize that this test was very informal and could have been done better. =p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Yes, you should do it again with more feedback, like what setting you use, etc...

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
The settings are on the notebookreview page. If I did it again I'd test the malware on a clean system first.

Still, this test shows what I wanted it to. That Mamutu and Comodo work well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.