Missvibe

Hi
I have the exact same problem. I have run through the many steps as suggested over and over again (un-install and re-install) PLUS I have used the 'remove chrome policy tool'. I'm able to remove the files that are infected shortly. Have put them in the trash bin AND emptied it!! Everything seems fine - no 'Managed by your organisation' and able to choose the search engine I want. UNTILL I restart my computer - them it's back to starting point. Conclusion?? There must be some hidden file somewhere on my computer that I can't/don't see. Do you have any suggestions?

Andy Ful

Level 60
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
The Windows features on your computer are restricted by some Windows Policies. This could be done by registry tweaks, GPO (gpedit.msc), or via some security applications.

cliffspab

Level 3
I had problems with that message in the past. Do you use O&O Shutup10 or any similar programs that change your Windows settings for privacy? If you do, just undo whatever changes you've made, restart and see if that fixes it.

(Although, for me, it was in Windows itself that I was getting that problem, I think)

Missvibe

The Windows features on your computer are restricted by some Windows Policies. This could be done by registry tweaks, GPO (gpedit.msc), or via some security applications.
Hi andy - I run MacOS sorry for not telling. I thought I was posting in a thread that
Thanks. The OP missed that important information.
I posted some info to the original thread:
https://malwaretips.com/threads/ive-tried-everything-but-its-not-working.100376/post-894910
Thanks I found it :)

Missvibe

I had problems with that message in the past. Do you use O&O Shutup10 or any similar programs that change your Windows settings for privacy? If you do, just undo whatever changes you've made, restart and see if that fixes it.

(Although, for me, it was in Windows itself that I was getting that problem, I think)
@cliffspab I'm running a MacOS ;-)

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Hi andy - I run MacOS sorry for not telling. I thought I was posting in a thread that

Thanks I found it :)
The Post was moved because it was started by another member. All members seeking Malware Removal should create their own topics to prevent hijacking of other's assigned assistance.

9724anon7537

Level 2
Do you have any suggestions?
I have one but you're not gonna like it
Since as you said on the other thread the (assuming there is one and it's not something else) malware is still there then you have only one choice, do a clean install of your macOS.