"Managed by your organisation" - I've tried everything, but it's not working :(

Missvibe

Thread author
Jul 17, 2020
Hi
I have the exact same problem. I have run through the many steps as suggested over and over again (un-install and re-install) PLUS I have used the 'remove chrome policy tool'. I'm able to remove the files that are infected shortly. Have put them in the trash bin AND emptied it!! Everything seems fine - no 'Managed by your organisation' and able to choose the search engine I want. UNTILL I restart my computer - them it's back to starting point. Conclusion?? There must be some hidden file somewhere on my computer that I can't/don't see. Do you have any suggestions?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
The Windows features on your computer are restricted by some Windows Policies. This could be done by registry tweaks, GPO (gpedit.msc), or via some security applications.

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019
I had problems with that message in the past. Do you use O&O Shutup10 or any similar programs that change your Windows settings for privacy? If you do, just undo whatever changes you've made, restart and see if that fixes it.

(Although, for me, it was in Windows itself that I was getting that problem, I think)

Missvibe

Thread author
Jul 17, 2020
The Windows features on your computer are restricted by some Windows Policies. This could be done by registry tweaks, GPO (gpedit.msc), or via some security applications.
Hi andy - I run MacOS sorry for not telling. I thought I was posting in a thread that
Thanks. The OP missed that important information.
I posted some info to the original thread:
https://malwaretips.com/threads/ive-tried-everything-but-its-not-working.100376/post-894910
Thanks I found it :)

Reactions: Andy Ful

Missvibe

Thread author
Jul 17, 2020
I had problems with that message in the past. Do you use O&O Shutup10 or any similar programs that change your Windows settings for privacy? If you do, just undo whatever changes you've made, restart and see if that fixes it.

(Although, for me, it was in Windows itself that I was getting that problem, I think)
@cliffspab I'm running a MacOS ;-)

• HaHa
Reactions: cliffspab

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hi andy - I run MacOS sorry for not telling. I thought I was posting in a thread that

Thanks I found it :)
The Post was moved because it was started by another member. All members seeking Malware Removal should create their own topics to prevent hijacking of other's assigned assistance.

9724anon7537

Level 2
Verified
Jun 12, 2018
Do you have any suggestions?

I have one but you're not gonna like it
Since as you said on the other thread the (assuming there is one and it's not something else) malware is still there then you have only one choice, do a clean install of your macOS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.