Mantu Security Config- For Everyone to know about this

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Thanks for sharing your security config, Mantu.
My suggestions are:
- Changing your UAC to Maximum.
- Allow automatic updates.
- Install at least one more on-demand scanner; Crystal Security, Zemana AntiMalware, HitmanPro andMalwarebytes Anti-Malware are all good ones I would recommend.
- Change your ad-blocker to uBlock Origin or Adguard Adblocker and install your preferred filters; This isn't a necessary change, but I would recommend it.
- A backup solution such as Macrium Reflect.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Mantu, you've a straightforward configuration!:) May I inquire as to which browsers you've chosen,o_O and (besides Adblock Plus) the extensions you prefer? An extension which encourages secure connections where available is HTTPS Everywhere

Suggestions you've received will together greatly enhance preventative defenses to your system. Creating an image of your system also remains an important fail safe I've truly need to follow, and also the reason I'd compared external HDDs today.:rolleyes:

Some practical methods of reducing the likelihood unwanted changes occur on your system:
  • Safe check downloaded files by scanning them at VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner before running.
  • Browse while using the free virtualization program Sandbox(ie) which was developed to address vulnerabilities present in Internet Explorer. The act of deleting the "sandbox" that has protected your browser is essentially like having a reset button. All changes which occur are isolated & removed, so updates must be performed without using Sandboxie. You can read more, and download it from Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie
A useful and free program which safely removes accumulated junk files while increasing your system's privacy is CCleaner CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Let us know, with any changes, what you think. Thanks!:D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please edit your config in the following areas:
Real time protection: What Version of Bitdefender are you using?
On demand scanners: Bitdefender is obviously your real time protection so edit on demand scanners to none or other onde mand tha you might be using.

Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.