To manually clear your Windows Defender Protection History you simply need to delete the “Service” folder under the Windows Defender directory on your PC.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, copy and paste the path below in the Open input field then press the Enter key or click “OK“.
- If prompted for folder permission, just click “Continue“.
- Right-click on the Service folder, select Delete.
Restart Windows Security ProtectionYou need to either restart your PC or simply restart Windows Defender. Either way will officially clear the Windows Security Protection History from your Windows 11 PC. Follow the directions below to restart Windows Defender and clear the Protection History without restarting your PC.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) down at the bottom left of your screen and select “Settings” from the pop-up menu.
- Click on “Privacy & security” from the vertical menu on the left then click on “Windows Security” at the top right.
- Click on “Virus & threat protection“, under “Protection areas“.
- Under “Virus & threat protection settings” click the “Manage settings” link.
- Toggle the Real-time protection button Off then back On which will restart Windows Defender.
For me, the Protection History page isn't really helpful and can be confusing since I have to manually expand each issue to see just what the heck was done or needs to be done. In short…