Martafiixek's configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

martafiixek

Thread author
Oct 1, 2017
Hello,
this is my simple configuration. I'm not doing anything stupid on the Internet, so I think that's all I need. If something goes wrong, I'll probably format the whole drive and install Windows 10 again. (Or I can backup system image using Windows built-in software.)
I'm going to do this configuration on another 2 PC's with one difference. Users will use Standard account and not Administrator one.
Thanks for response

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider a 3rd party system image backup solution.Both Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper offer good free programs.
However in the meantime Windows built in is better than nothing.
Consider an additional on demand scanner(s).
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere to Chrome.
Secure Windows 10 config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Awesome configuration! Nothing to do with security, but for your privacy, I recommend you switch to Opera and use DuckDuckGo or Qwant search engines. But as far as security, it's looking great!

If I would change anything, I would (like I said) switch to Opera, add HTTPS Everywhere, and set UAC to max.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Great configuration. However, I would recommend that you have a system backup software that @Exterminator recommends. I would highly recommend Anomi Backupper (free) and Macriusm Reflect (free). Both are highly reliable and great backup solutions. I will tell you that Windows built-in backup solution can and will fail. I once relied on this tool and one of my images was corrupted. Thankfully, I also used Clonezilla and Anomi Backupper at the time and I didn't lose any of my work. Let this be a fair warning to you that things can and will happen. Having more than one backup solution is imperative.

@LukeLovesSecurity is totally correct about his posting. I would highly recommend that you use HTTPs Everywhere.

I would also recommend using another on-demand scanner such as Zemana Anti-Malware. EEK is another great alternative that you can look into using. Both are free!

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.