-

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@MatrixArmour:
  • I guess You are using MBAM Premium for real-time proection. You may consider to harden Your system using SysHardener (@NoVirusThanks) or Hard_Configurator (@Andy Ful)
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit and HitManPro Free.
  • Specify which browsers are You using (with their extensions/add-ons).
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
A external backup is a good idea,even if your not worried about losing data,picture,ect .and maybe relying on either system restore or refreshing your computer,a external backup is just way better,so much less work,anyway Windows Defender I think should be your first line defense,then MBAM with it if you hate the idea of having paid for it and not using it.Third party firewall( only my opinion and maybe a bad one is Comodo or just windows) and if you are using Comodo really would think twice about uninstalling MBAM. GL

Step 1

Level 3
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Only 4 words: No backups No safety.
Repeat this mantra 10 times a day until you tattoo it in your brain. (Aaooom, aaooom)

There are free AVs that can be better than MBAM, Windows Defender is one of them and it's already on your computer, you can configure MBAM as an on-demand scanner.

Adblock Plus works well, but you can consider trying Adguard or Ublock Origin, I think you'll like them.
Thanks for sharing. Have a good day. :)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
You must must have a data backup solution, encase of accidental deletion by yourself, corrupt HDD, corrupt files or virus infection, this is vital and has no excuses for it. Add a few more on demand scanners like Malwarebytes. The rest looks good.

~LDogg

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I would suggest you to remove ccleaner from your system, due to the privacy related issues coming from the avast / AVG company , since avast took over ccleaner also , things are going downhill in a stomach twisting pase....change it for wise disk cleaner, bleachbit or privazer ( all of these are free of charge ) change adblock plus for adguard and add https everywhere , netcraft, privacy posum and decentraleyes to your browser extensions...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.